Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

The Good Place

Love it and [spoiler]didn't expect that twist, the best twist in long time![/spoiler]

Tiplodocus

My GAME OF THRONES rewatch has reached the end of Season 6. I know Battle of the Bastards gets all the plaudits but the resolution of the High Sparrow/FAITH Militant storyline was also a cracking but of suspense led television that didn't forget to include character moments.

I also particularly liked the parallels of the faceless men asking Arya to renounce everything in the same way High Sparrow was asking Marjorie and Loris and Cersei to renounce everything.

And little Lyra Mormont is brilliant.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 February, 2018, 11:17:56 PM
Dark/Dunkel.  Four episodes into this German Netflix series - three of them in a single sitting - and I am utterly obsessed.  The Killing meets Lost meets Edge of Darkness meets Stranger Things, but not really like any of them.  Hope it continues to be this good,  and has an actual resolution,  but so far,  as episodic mystery/supernatural/pastoral noir TV it is as gripping as anything I've ever watched.

Damn, it's good.

(Although it does leave me wondering about how the police actually operate in Germany - some very odd things going on).

Finished this last night,  absolutely terrific SF telly, Twin Peaks played completely straight.   Self-contained enough to be satisfying in 10 episodes, but crying out for a second season all the same.  Woke my missus at 3am to tell her that I just realised where the Stranger got the Caesium, and she didn't mind... It's that good a nested mystery. Unreservedly recommended,  although one scene of adult-on-child violence may not be for the squeamish.

Jim_Campbell

Godless. Fucking Godless, man!

I'll admit I'm a sucker for a western, but this may actually be my favourite western since Unforgiven. So much stuff I could go on about, but... just bloody watch it. Some people might tell you the pacing is slow, but they're wrong: the pacing is JUST PERFECT.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

radiator

The Good Place.

Not even through season 1 yet but I love it so much already.

I would describe it as the charm and wit of Parks and Rec meets the high concept insanity of Rick and Morty.

Forking great.

Goaty

Not even through the Season 1 of The Good Place! You lucky man! :) :) :)

JamesC

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 February, 2018, 10:01:13 PM

I'll admit I'm a sucker for a western, but this may actually be my favourite western since Unforgiven. So much stuff I could go on about, but... just bloody watch it. Some people might tell you the pacing is slow, but they're wrong: the pacing is JUST PERFECT.

I just came on here to say "watch Godless". So yeah, follow this advice, it's very good.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JamesC on 14 February, 2018, 06:51:10 PM

"watch Godless"

Watched it.

Loved it.

Recommend it.

The Good Place too.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

FARGO season 3 just completed. Brilliant stuff. Dean's accent wavers but his performance(s) were spot on. As were Carrie Coon and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. And David Thewliss is a brilliantly repulsive villain in every physical to and ideology spouted.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 14 February, 2018, 07:11:40 PM
FARGO season 3 just completed. Brilliant stuff. Dean's accent wavers but his performance(s) were spot on. As were Carrie Coon and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. And David Thewliss is a brilliantly repulsive villain in every physical to and ideology spouted.

I'll second this recommendation. I loved it. Very happy to learn that they haven't ruled out a Season 4.

Tiplodocus

Dean = Ewan.

Ducking autocorrect!

TordelBack

Quote from: JamesC on 14 February, 2018, 06:51:10 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 February, 2018, 10:01:13 PM

I just came on here to say "watch Godless". So yeah, follow this advice, it's very good.

Took Jim's advice,  just one episode in and very enjoyable. I did feel Serenity could have landed at any point in the first half hour and I wouldn't have blinked,  but that's hardly a complaint.

radiator

Never heard of Godless until now - added to the list.

Colin YNWA

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 February, 2018, 07:51:25 PM
I did feel Serenity could have landed at any point in the first half hour and I wouldn't have blinked,  but that's hardly a complaint.

Pretty sure it's the music. Made me think wistfully of Firefly every time.