Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

****droooooooooooooooooool****

They are gorgeous!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Fungus

Imagine if Village People had included that judge, after all  :-\
Great John Burns pic!

Spikes

And arriving at my door today is a commission piece (larger than A3) from the insanely talented Mr Colin MacNeil. The level of work he has put into this is just staggering. I am humbled to receive it, tbh.

As with my other DoC commissions, I asked if there was a part he had enjoyed drawing from his time on the tale. After thinking about it, Colin said "Well, there's this one panel I drew of Fear, that I really like" and "as an experiment, I'd like to render it a certain way. I think it'll work".

The droids are just the best, aren't they. (I know Colin sometimes pops by the forum, so I'd just like to say thank you once again.)

Day of Chaos: Judge Fear.

TordelBack

Absolutely amazing. Reads like a fusion of his early Insurrection and Defoe styles, with a massive dollop of DorĂ©. I love it.   

MacNeil is just a stunningly versatile artist, who seems to never stop developing and experimenting.   

Steve Green

That's exceptional.

Three more to go in the same style :D

Bolt-01

yup, those are some superb areas of light and shade...

Big_Dave

he should do a whole series like that

Dr Feeley Good

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

robert_ellis

John Burns has been busy. I couldn't be more pleased with this one. Thanks to Wiggz.

Jim_Campbell

Yikes. That's giving me a real twitch in the wallet...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SALMON63

Hi, my name is Adrian Salmon, I started my comics career working on the Megazine for which I drew Judge Karyn , Deathwatch and Cabal. Later I did a number of fiction illustrations when Alan Barnes was editor.Mostly I'm known for my connection to Dr Who. I was lead storyboard artist and colourist on the recent BBC Shada animation.

Anyway I'm taking commissions for the next month or so. Here's a link to my blog which has samples and prices. Give me an email if interested. Cheers!

http://adriansalmonart.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/open-for-commissions.html

Spikes

I do love a bit of Karl Richardson's art, so super happy to receive this A3 commission today.

Perfectly drawn art.

Dr Feeley Good

Picked up this commission this weekend at Oldham Comic Con,from David Roach,the second in my plan of getting all the Dark Judges drawn by a different artist....Zarjaz  :D

Spikes

Incredible work by the Roach droid, Stephen  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: