Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

zombemybabynow

Watched it for the first time last night - WOW - blew my socks off - utterly brilliant
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Steve Green

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

zombemybabynow

more than enjoyed - soooo professional and enjoyable

I'd even go as far as saying that i got the same vibe as when i went to the cinema to see the watchmen - spine-tingling feeling of seeing much beloved characters of my childhood made flesh
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Steve Green

Yeah, I think that's partially why we wanted to do it, there's always the argument about film not making a comic more valid, but there's an appeal to see what it would look like.

It's why I've got no interest in doing a 2012 short - copying an existing translation doesn't appeal to me.

Steve Green

A commission Steve had done based roughly from a scene in the film.

Tjm86

I tell you now, if someone wants to crowdfund a proper comic adaptation of the short with Carlos on art duties, I'd be in in a heartbeat.

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Tjm86 on 12 July, 2017, 01:28:08 PM
I tell you now, if someone wants to crowdfund a proper comic adaptation of the short with Carlos on art duties, I'd be in in a heartbeat.

Thank you.  :)

I don't think there's much in the film that hasn't already been cover by existing stories.  :D

Hopefully Johnny will be back in the prog in due course.

Nice to see Carlos drawing Wulf in a sequential panel page though.

Steve Green

[spoiler]John announced a new SD story at a con in Petewellsland, but don't listen to the panel if you don't want to know what it's about[/spoiler]

Tjm86

I know that lots of different elements from the strip were used in the short.  They melded together well anyway.  It would be nice to have that as a standalone special.  How close are we to the 40th Anniversary of the start of Starlord?  Next May?  How about that for an anniversary special?

Steve Green

Yeah, I guess out of the strips we picked from

Death's Head (4 arm guy)
Stone Killers (someone killing stronts + stone aliens)
Blood Moon (let's do the timebomb together)
Kreeler conspiracy (look of soldiers and truck and assault on compound)
Rage (The Liner)
Two-faced terror (the Chukwalla)
First episode (mutant at the end, and time drogue)

+ any use of beam polarisers/electronux/happy stick

I can't see Rebellion commissioning a strip, they've kept an arms-length from fan-film stuff, and we can't afford to commission one.

Besides it really is just a pick and mix from stuff that's already out there.

Steve Green

BTW, London Super Comic Con will be showing it at 17:30 on Friday 25th August, and we're doing a Q+A afterwards.

Not sure what kind of attendance there's going to be on a schoolday, but there's a big Brian Michael Bendis thing in the same room straight after, and it seats 500.

Should be interesting...

Steven Sterlacchini

Here's an image to promo  :D

Needless to say, all public screenings are shown with the kind permission of Rebellion.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Steve Green on 12 July, 2017, 04:06:36 PM
Yeah, I guess out of the strips we picked from

Death's Head (4 arm guy)
Stone Killers (someone killing stronts + stone aliens)
Blood Moon (let's do the timebomb together)
Kreeler conspiracy (look of soldiers and truck and assault on compound)
Rage (The Liner)
Two-faced terror (the Chukwalla)
First episode (mutant at the end, and time drogue)

+ any use of beam polarisers/electronux/happy stick

Am I wrong, or is there no part of the film where Johnny Alpha says "Number <whatever> cartridge!"
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

Quote"Number <whatever> cartridge!"

His heart just wasn't in it any more.