Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

While the Shamballa volume is also b/w, it was likely a stylistic choice.

Jade Falcon

Well, I finally read through Fallen Angels, and can I say I'm of a mixed opinion.  Some of the artwork in the Fink angel storylines was a bit...crap to be honest, though that's maybe a stylistic choice.  The first story was enjoyable enough.  The biggest slump for me was Burrke and Harr though as I couldn't find anything worthwhile in these stories.  I could see the seed of a decent idea, but just didn't enjoy the stories.

I will however, give them a reread in the future as sometimes it depends on the mood you're in.  For example, the first time I read Pratchetts Small Gods I hated the book, on a reread I thoroughly enjoyed it, it might be a similiar situation.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

abelardsnazz

I really enjoyed Angelic as a different take on the ornery cusses, with fantastic atmospheric art from Lee Carter. The rest of the volume was fun if not essential, but a long way from the nadir of Red Razors.

christy2002b

Well as a final volume some of the Angel family material is alright if not exactly classic.  My problem is with the Hark and Burr material which is pretty dire stuff.

Tomwe

Got done with Tales Of Ordinary Madness this weekend and LOVED IT! More please for the extension!

I really love the fact Wagner is able to revisit characters after extended periods since Dredd is real-time.

abelardsnazz

A tenth of the extended spine image on volume 85 - think that's Janus, with a couple of other characters either side - one with long hair and a long coat? Any ideas?

Tomwe

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 15 February, 2018, 08:00:40 AM
A tenth of the extended spine image on volume 85 - think that's Janus, with a couple of other characters either side - one with long hair and a long coat? Any ideas?
Patrick Goddard shared his pencils for the spine a while back:
Quote from: Tomwe on 24 August, 2017, 10:17:16 AM
IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYA9M2SlUv1/?taken-by=paddyg74

abelardsnazz

So that's Murd then. Who's the baldy kid next to Janus?

Over on Facebook, in answer to a question issue 83 is Served Cold, no other details. A revenge or snow themed volume? Or both?

moogie101

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 15 February, 2018, 06:04:28 PM

Over on Facebook, in answer to a question issue 83 is Served Cold, no other details. A revenge or snow themed volume? Or both?

I am genuinely stunned by the lack of info about the extension, surely they should be trying to generate interest.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 February, 2018, 06:15:52 PM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 15 February, 2018, 06:04:28 PM

Owen Krysler, shirley?

But he's already appeared, in front of DeMarco.

EDazzling

Quote from: moogie101 on 15 February, 2018, 06:15:29 PM
I am genuinely stunned by the lack of info about the extension, surely they should be trying to generate interest.

Should they? It's more about getting 10x£9.99 more out of the people who've gotten this far than attracting new people, isn't it?

Tomwe

oddballuk

On facebook...

ANDERSON: THE TRIP

Cassandra Anderson is Psi-Division's most gifted telepath, and one of its most experienced operatives. She's faced down the Dark Judges, prevented numerous catastrophes – but even as she approaches middle age she's still not prepared for the horrors the city can unleash. From giant city-block robots to demonic manifestations, mind-altering substances to virtual-reality killers, these cases will test her psychic abilities to the limit...

SERVED COLD

Deller's been waiting ten years to get his revenge... ten years on the notorious Mega-City prison complex Devil's Island, waiting for the right moment to make his break and escape. He wants payback on the criminal cohorts that double-crossed him after a bank heist, and nothing is going to stand in his way to get what he wants – not Mob outfit The Organisation, not the forces of Justice Department, and not Judge Dredd...

I, Cosh

Is that Served Cold volume pure Al Ewing? Will be an absolute belter.
We never really die.