Main Menu

Meg 355 - Ho Ho Drokkin' Ho, Creeps!

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 13 December, 2014, 02:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 December, 2014, 03:09:48 PM
I never skip stories, even if I don't like them but I found my eyeballs sliding over the Reaper pages and it took a feat of concentration to take anything in. Why does this strip get such a disproportionate space in the Meg - 18 pages, and as Spaceghost says (almost) nothing happens.

Liked everything else though, so not a bad Meg overall.

Took me three attempts, got there eventually... Lordy lordy, why does everyone look the same? and its so dark, I'm assuming on screen these are loverly bright pixes colours sharply defined, but on the printed page it just doesn't work sorry chums. Otherwise a wonderful Meg with a Christmas cracker of a cover from Crimbo Colin!

Great to see what's happening in Dreddverse France, interesting Si interview too, Marco heads off in a new direction and a xmas Dredd or did I imagine that?

This, the bumper end of year prog and a pile of comics from FP made my rather crap week/weekend bearable, thanks Mighty One!
Just drop the Sexy Ostriches pleeease? 
DDT did a job on me

IronGraham

Going to skip American reaper this time just not for me prefer clints work on robots
We're werewolves not swearwolves

sheridan

It's not just me (and my girlfriend) reading that cover in the voice of Kevin Bloody Wilson, is it?

robert_ellis

I'd been looking forward to Judge Death's return in the prog so much, but it was the prologue "the cop" in the Meg that had me grinning from ear to ear. Al Ewing knows how to fit so much into ten pages. Amazing stuff. I love the quality and variety of the meg at the moment - my eyes almost hurt adjusting from the gloom of Reaper to the sparse white pages of Demarco.

Fontwell Magma

I genuinely enjoy Reaper - and even liked the last series. I wasn't on board for the first so I'm hoping it will be collected at some point - I might be in a minority here though.

I just really like the premise, and although the artwork is sometimes hit and miss, I like how different it is to everything else I'm reading. A Reaper film would be at least a watchable sci-fi thriller!

Toni Scandella

I thought all five stories were great - American Reaper looked great on the laptop screen (pleasingly for a digital reader there were no double page spreads which are a bit of a pain as they are never joined when you buy the progs / megs - not hard on a computer but a bit of a bugger on a tablet) and I like the story!  The Cop was the highlight, and Dead Zone, Demarco and the text story were all decent reads too. 

The floppy... never liked Plagues of Necropolis in its day, but all togethe it read OK if a bit overly grim!  Backing it up with a fun Judge Death story levelled it out a bit, good idea to add that in!

Hawkmumbler

Reaper bores the ever loving shit out of me. Hardly read the first series, and didn't bother with the second nor this one either.

Both Dredds where ace and the start of the new Demarco story was great mind you.

And Plagues of Necropolis had a better hit to miss ratio than I expected. In that I actualy liked two out of the lot.

TordelBack

First Meg for a while, and a very solid comic.  Best thing was the cover, which was one great gag after another: 'Ill Elf' indeed, guffaw!  The main  Dredd I had only read the first part of so this conclusion was a bit wasted on me, but the Ewing and Willsher Cop story was very interesting indeed. May have to stick around for that one!  The DeMarco story had a Low Life vibe that I enjoyed.  Biggest surprise was American Reaper, which I have never read before, merely sneered at the art, which is in a style far removed from my tastes. As it happens I thought this was a really interesting read, and while I suffered some confusion of which character was Ageing Morrisey and which was Slaine, and cocked an eyebrow at the Millsposition dialogue, I think I'd like to read more.

Meanwhile Plagues of Necropolis was worse than I remember but, Si Spencer came across as such a positive person in his interview that I felt bad for only really enjoying some great art from SBD and MacNeil.

ZenArcade

Not a reaper fan at all. I just don't like the photo realism personally. The Dredd's were great Henry Flint is on his game at the moment. Christ, a Gordon Rennie Dredd plot and Flint art would be sight to see next year as they are in my opinion producing some of the best work I have seen in long years of reading at the moment. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dandontdare

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 December, 2014, 02:46:58 PM
First Meg for a while, and a very solid comic.  Best thing was the cover, which was one great gag after another: 'Ill Elf' indeed, guffaw! 

I hadn't turned it over (who looks at the back cover of a magazine?) and didn't realise it was a double until I read this thread! I like the SJS judge with the looooong Naughty List

Hawkmumbler

I think Fear with the Elf Ears on his helmet is the best.

GermanAndy

American Reaper? Really? Sigh.

Wagner and Flint on Dredd, this will be missed. I am not a big fan of DeMarco, thought the last one much too long, and this first part didn't grab me either. Dredd:The Cop is too early to say anything about it. Still, the prospect of having to skip half of the Meg for the next half year till AR finally and merciful ends is not  an enjoyable one.

Spaceghost

I wouldn't mind American Reaper (starring the same four people who appear in all Clint Langley's strips) so much if it didn't take up so much bloody space in the Meg.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Hawkmumbler

The only thing that could sweeten the wound a little would be some more Reaper Files.

Ghost MacRoth

Or less Reaper altogether, and more Dredd.  Or Armatige, or Anderson, or Cal Hab stuff, hell, I'd even welcome Red Razors back if it meant no more Reaper.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!