Main Menu

Sci-Fi Special 2016: Happy Holidays Creep!

Started by Ghost MacRoth, 17 July, 2016, 07:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

I enjoyed all the things which, given the history of some of the strips involved, is a major compliment.

Nice one, robotic creators and alien boss.

- Trout

TordelBack

How the hootin' heck did I miss that Ace Trucking was drawn by the much-missed Nigel Dobbyn? Quite a transformation of inking style but still looking good! Any chance of a much substantial return to the mighty organ?

IndigoPrime

I've still not found this in the wild. Crazy.

DrJomster

Long may the Summer Special continue to grace our summers with thrill power! A fine tradition and no mistaking! Dredd and Sin Dex were my favourites, but good work by all. Many thanks to all the droids concerned!

Do we get a halloween special too this year? Sign me up if so.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

Well my only beef is it was pretty slim picking for the entry price. The thing is once your through the door regardless of the fee your in a happy place. What a fun collection of done in one stories this is. Bottom to top

Robo-Hunter nowt wrong with this, playful Star Wars based fun

Rogue Trooper beautifully rendered if little inconsequencial grim tale

Sinister Dexter its a sign of the quality that a neat, well crafted S&D one parter feeling like it could come from anytime in the strips history only gets 3rd place. This was great.

Dredd Too masters and a great little Future Shockesque Dredd tale

ACE Trucking absolutely loved this. I've always cried out for Mr Dobbyn to get back in the Prog and this justifies these cries entirely. A really neat fun well crafted story with a beautifully sharp edge. Fantastic stuff.

The poster is quite supreme as well Chris Weston managing to represent the recent weight on Joe's shoulders with subtle brilliant.

So yeah a little pricey but when the comics is this good I got over it very quickly. Magnificent.