Main Menu

Buy out Time UK and DC Comics' IPC properties and the Dan Dare Corp

Started by John Pannozzi, 24 November, 2016, 09:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Pannozzi

Ok, so this is the ultimate pie-in-the-sky pipe dream that will likely never happen, but I still want to discuss it.

The rights to most pre-1970 IPC Media comics properties are shared by Time UK (owned by Time Inc) and DC Comics (owned by Warner Bros./Time Warner).  I doubt DC would want to sell their share in these properties, but Time isn't doing anything with them AFAIK, so maybe some could buy them out (if not Rebellion, maybe DC could buy out Time's share in these properties).

Likewise, the Dan Dare Corporation owns Dan Dare and most strips featured in The Eagle.  Again, I'd like Rebellion to buy them out.

Frank

Colin YNWA

Do we really need another thread for me to whine on about not having enough Doomlord in my life... really?

O Lucky Stevie!

Given that the Dan Dare Corporation is Frank Hampson's actual  estate... perhaps not.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Pyroxian

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 28 November, 2016, 05:10:10 AM
Given that the Dan Dare Corporation is Frank Hampson's actual  estate... perhaps not.

Would be interesting to know if they were interested in selling on the non Dan Dare properties though... Probably not the 50s stuff, but maybe the 80s stuff...

matty_ae

The Dan Dare Corporation is run/owned by Colin Frewin - its no longer part of the Frank Hampson Estate (indeed it never was, as Frank never owned his creation).

Colin got the animated TV show off the ground in 2002 but to lacklustre results that led to a 11.5 million pound 'battle' between the financier Barclays and the insurer, if this article is to be believed.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1526715/Dan-Dare-and-the-battle-for-163115m.html

John Pannozzi