Main Menu

Could 'Lawless' come out in a Limited Edition hardback as well?

Started by matty_ae, 29 August, 2016, 08:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

Like you've done with the Steve McManus book, could Lawless come out as a Limited Edition hardback.

1. It been a stand-out in the Meg from episode 1
2. Phill Winslade has described it as his life's work
3. This month's magazine wrap-around cover would look great on a dust-jacket
4. I'd be willing to pay more

Just asking. I know generally the hardbacks don't sell as well so I was just hoping for a limited run of a 100 hardbacks sold through the website.

p.s pale endpapers so Phill can sketch on them OK?

Colin YNWA

Depending on the 'bonus' stuff and price difference if this happened I reckon I'd get onboard.

Hawkmumbler

Yes, so much yes. At this point i'd pre-order a bare bones, floppy reprint of Lawless because it's so...damn...fine!!!

TordelBack

Aye, count me in too. It's a lovely straightforward characterful tale from Abnett, but Winslade's ever-improving art just elevates it to something unique and wonderful. There's hardly a page I haven't paused on and thought 'holy shit, how does he do that!', and any time there's a cover the wife and kids have snatched the Meg out of my hands for a look. The deluxist of treatments is called for, preferably with Insurrection as a similarly plush companion volume.

Tjm86

I'd be up for this.  Couldn't agree more on both quality of art and story.  This has been truly top notch and an example of what the Meg both could and should be, a forum for the exploration of the wider Dredd-verse.

Perhaps as Matty_ae suggests, a limited collectors edition run.

SIP

I would absolutely buy it as this is my favourite strip in years. I think the artwork is unbelieveable, I hope we don't see his work inked and coloured by someone else as one of the letters in the Meg requested. It's perfect as is.

Fungus

Quote from: SIP on 29 August, 2016, 04:19:22 PM
I would absolutely buy it as this is my favourite strip in years. I think the artwork is unbelieveable, I hope we don't see his work inked and coloured by someone else as one of the letters in the Meg requested. It's perfect as is.

Certainly is.
Must have missed that letter. Colour it in??!!!!   :| You're allowed b & w outside of adult (titter) colouring books...

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: SIP on 29 August, 2016, 04:19:22 PM
I think the artwork is unbelieveable, I hope we don't see his work inked and coloured by someone else as one of the letters in the Meg requested.

Just look at what happened to Tom Foster's gorgeous linework on Storm Warning for why that's a bad idea...!

@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Rogue Judge

Is Lawless currently released in any format? I've heard great things about it and would purchase it in any format, soft cover or HC - although I am a sucker for nice HC editions

James Stacey

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 06 October, 2016, 06:06:51 AM
Is Lawless currently released in any format? I've heard great things about it and would purchase it in any format, soft cover or HC - although I am a sucker for nice HC editions
No, only in the comics. Sign me up for a deluxe hardback

Rogue Judge

Lawless: Welcome to Badrock graphic novel to be released in June! According to Bleeding Cool. Great news!

Rogue Judge

SIP