Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gurnard

I noticed that the single issues are selling out really quickly on the hatchette site recently. Do you think they are printing less extras or has it just risen in popularity?

Living abroad I just cherry pick what I want from here, works ok so far but worried I might miss out on a couple if I am not quick on the click.

https://hachettepartworks.com/2000-ad-the-ultimate-collection

IndigoPrime

Their stock levels are all over the shop. One minute, the issues are out of stock, and then they're not. When 25, 26 and 28 were all showing as OOS on the website, they told me they still had stock. So who knows?

athorist

Quote from: gurnard on 15 October, 2018, 01:01:32 PM
I noticed that the single issues are selling out really quickly on the hatchette site recently. Do you think they are printing less extras or has it just risen in popularity?

Living abroad I just cherry pick what I want from here, works ok so far but worried I might miss out on a couple if I am not quick on the click.

https://hachettepartworks.com/2000-ad-the-ultimate-collection

It looks like they're just not printing it quickly enough, if anything maybe they're cutting back production because of low subscriber numbers. It's mostly in stock until volume 1, so I think you should be fine. If the worst happens, there's always ebay.
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Jade Falcon

So, what's the next volume going to be.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Looks like my account finally had an update... with a 15 quid charge. So that's presumably some covers volume or other, but no actual books.

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 October, 2018, 10:34:06 PM
Quote from: Jade Falcon on 17 October, 2018, 10:13:59 PM
So, what's the next volume going to be.

[spoiler]Kingdom II[/spoiler].

Been waiting for this one since I finished the first volume - just a few more weeks until they start sending out the subs, sigh.

athorist

Not looking forward to this month's (well, to Robo-Hunter), but Kingdom 2 and Slaine 3 should be good for November.
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Tomwe

Forbidden Planet store now updated with some new issue details and cover art too.
Any guesses to what will be included in Slaine 4 and ABC 3 given the credit list?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tomwe on 24 October, 2018, 09:15:32 AM
Forbidden Planet store now updated with some new issue details and cover art too.
Any guesses to what will be included in Slaine 4 and ABC 3 given the credit list?

ABC 3 (infuriatingly) is going to be yet another split volume by the looks of it - Hellbringer part 2, Third Element and Shadow Warriors Book I for a page count of 194. It's even possible they'll chuck in Shadow Warriors Book II for a page count of about 238, still comfortably under the upper limit.
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Quote from: Tomwe on 24 October, 2018, 09:15:32 AM

My guesses.
Issue 37 - ABC 3:
HellBringer Book II (Kevin Walker)
The Third Element and/or Assault on the Red House (Henry Flint)
The Tripods (Mike McMahon)
The Shadow Warriors Book I (Carlos Ezquerra)

Do we have precedent for some artists not getting a cover spot?
It'd seem a shame to miss out on The Clone Cowboys and The Zero Option from this era but neither Liam McCormack-Sharp or Boo Cook are mentioned.

Issue 40 - Slaine:
My speculations had this one down as covering basically the same material as the Demon Killer trade. Looks like it might actually contain stuff all the way up to Lord Of Misrule given Clint Langley's name appearing on the cover. That takes it from being one of the slimmer volumes at ~160 up to one of the larger ones at ~220.

It's also annoying to call this Volume 4. It's not, the 4th volume was The Horned God.  This is Volume 5 regardless of the fact Volume 4 was named The Horned God, surely?
I hope they fix that before print.

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 24 October, 2018, 12:08:22 PM
Hellbringer part 2, Third Element and Shadow Warriors Book I for a page count of 194. It's even possible they'll chuck in Shadow Warriors Book II for a page count of about 238, still comfortably under the upper limit.

Yep I think our speculation must have matched here as I had this down as 194 pages.  Squeezing in Book II would be great as that'd make it more likely we'll have space for the Return stories in later volumes.  I suspect it'll just be the first one though.

Tomwe

Quote from: sintec on 24 October, 2018, 12:24:27 PM
This is Volume 5 regardless of the fact Volume 4 was named The Horned God, surely?
I hope they fix that before print.
I had this marked down as being called "The High King" until I saw this image, but they have usually been accurate in the past. Might try and chase this up.

sintec

Issue 32 will be The High King but for some reason Forbidden Planet haven't got a cover image up for that one yet.

Tomwe

Quote from: sintec on 24 October, 2018, 01:43:58 PM
Issue 32 will be The High King but for some reason Forbidden Planet haven't got a cover image up for that one yet.
No, issue 32 includes "Slaine The King" but is called Volume Three.
"The High King" is the title of the first story likely included in issue 40.