Main Menu

Britannia

Started by sheridan, 08 January, 2018, 09:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

I don't have a TV, so usually only binge watch while house-sitting, which we did this Christmas/New Year.  Trailers for Britannia seemed to appear at every second ad break - anyone else like the look of this?

trailer, with blood, violence and swears.

Bolt-01

Yup- the whole thing drops on Sky on the 18th Jan apparently. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Dandontdare

Saw those trailers a couple of times- seemed to be some weird camera work going on with faces in extreme close up

Colin YNWA

Okay just seen an advert for this on telly and then looked up the trailer and yeah that looks like it will either drive me nuts or be brilliant... either way when I can get it on DVD (I'm so old Skool) I'll be checking this out.

sheridan

p.s. the Beeb has this to say about the series (strange to call it a series when it's going to all be released on the same day):
QuoteTake a wild journey among the warrior women and druids of 43AD Britain, with playwright Jez Butterworth'sTV debut Britannia (Sky Atlantic/Amazon Prime Video), which stars Kelly Reilly, David Morrissey, Zoë Wanamaker and Mackenzie Crook. The Roman army has returned to crush the Celtic heart of Britannia, but the Celts will stop at nothing to protect themselves, and their most dangerous weapon are the druids – a mystical tribe whose immortality makes them a force unlike any the Romans have faced before.

manwithnoname

Is anyone watching this series/ enjoying it?

I got about half way through the first episode and got bored by all the weirdness and Swampy Goes To War bollocks, but I wonder if it's worth giving it another chance? It's got a lot of creative talent involved.

Not sure about the music either. Worked in Zodiac. Not here.