Main Menu

More Ampney Crucis Investigates?

Started by Andy Lambert, 18 May, 2017, 11:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Lambert

I bloody love this strip, so I wondered if there was any chance for more adventures from messrs Edginton and Davis? I know it's been a while since Ampney's last case, but I hope I'm not the only one who's hungry for more.
Failing any new adventures, will we ever see a volume 2 to follow "Vile Bodies"?

NapalmKev

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 18 May, 2017, 11:18:00 PM
I bloody love this strip,...  I know it's been a while since Ampney's last case, but I hope I'm not the only one who's hungry for more.

You're not the only one, I enjoyed the previous stories and would also like to see its return!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Andy Lambert

Excellent - great to see I'm not alone in wanting more! The mix of British 1920s/1930s stiff upper lip and otherworldly Lovecraftian horror is hugely entertaining and right up my street..!

Taryn Tailz

I'm a huge fan of Ian Edginton's work, but he is perhaps guilty of trying to keep too many plates spinning at once. Granted, the Red Seas was wrapped up a while ago, but it's been, what...four years now since the last Ampney Crucis story appeared in the Prog; during which time Edginton has begun several new series such as Helium, Kingmaker, and (new to the prog) Scarlet Traces.

Andy Lambert

I'm not that fussed with Scarlet Traces and I would happily see it replaced by more Ampney Crucis.

Magnetica

Quote from: Taryn Tailz on 27 May, 2017, 09:29:25 PM
I'm a huge fan of Ian Edginton's work, but he is perhaps guilty of trying to keep too many plates spinning at once. Granted, the Red Seas was wrapped up a while ago, but it's been, what...four years now since the last Ampney Crucis story appeared in the Prog; during which time Edginton has begun several new series such as Helium, Kingmaker, and (new to the prog) Scarlet Traces.

Yes that is rather a lot of series. I hope we get to see them completed. Personally I like Kingmaker the most, then Helium. Also I have gone from not liking Scarlet Traces to liking it.

TordelBack

Worth noting that SBD has been tied up with Slaine since the last Ampney run. Possibly Ian is waiting for Pat to release him from his geas? Whatever the cause, here's another vote for a new series ASAP!

Andy Lambert

I can't imagine anyone other than Davis on art droid duties where Ampney Crucis is concerned, so I hope he's freed from Slaine sooner rather than later - good though he is with it.

Andy Lambert

In the meantime, there are still existing Ampney Crucis stories to release in a second volume....

Grant Goggans

Once this Slaine epic finally ends, I'm seriously hoping that Betegusian bampot of an editor chains Davis to his desk for a big, weird 20-part adventure.  And that we get a second print edition of his stories in 2018.

I, Cosh

Maybe I dreamt it, but I thought Ian had said there wasn't much prospect of more?
We never really die.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: I, Cosh on 29 May, 2017, 07:30:14 AM
Maybe I dreamt it, but I thought Ian had said there wasn't much prospect of more?

Which would be extremely odd, seeing as we left Ampney Crucis in the middle of a story arc.

James Stacey

More Ampney Crucis Investigates gets my vote. 2000ad has been a bit saturated with similar stories which may have been why we havent seen more but it was by far the best of the bunch

Andy Lambert

Very happy to see the love for Crucis... we need that second volume if not a continued series...! ;)

The Adventurer

Crucis strikes me as a character that could pop up in any Edgington series at any time in a Trifecta-sort of crossover event.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK