Main Menu

Zenith Phase 3 question

Started by ItWorksForMe, 26 January, 2018, 06:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItWorksForMe

(This seems like a question better suited for the Spoilers section, but I can't post there for some reason.  So, spoilers ahead.)

Having just finished reading Zenith Phase 3, I have a question about the twist in the story...

[spoiler]
If the Lloigor already controlled the two Alternatives that needed to be destroyed before the Alignment could occur, then why didn't they just do it themselves?  What was the point of Maximan sending heroes with Chaostructors to 257 and 666?  And why did the possessed superhumans bother fighting them?

I guess the obvious answer is that not all the Lloigor are in on the scheme...Wyvern certainly didn't seem to be.

The story made sense until the revelation that Maximan was Lloigor, too...[/spoiler] Maybe I missed something obvious.

matty_ae

It's a very fair question and there's nothing in Phase 4 that you haven't yet read that challenges it, so:

1) Maybe you're right and the Llogior didn't all agree so this was the best way to distract both sides, or
2) No evidence but those 'click and bang' device - maybe the Llogior didn't have any but the heroes did so had to be tricked in to using them, or
3) Grant Morrison loves pulling the carpet from under his heroes even if logically it doesn't made complete sense.

Zenith is a great ride. Phase 4 seemed like such a long wait and the prog was in pretty ropey shape by then that it actually wasn't very well received at the time. Now it feels very cohesive and by the time the black sun re-appears very well-planned. Again that's Grant at his best - when you think he's PT Barnum, he actually delivers the goods and more.

ItWorksForMe

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't quite understand that....2) would be the perfect explanation if David hadn't said the bombs were provided by Maximan. Also, the human cultists built one on Zenith's world, apparently under the direction of the Lloigor.

So I'll go with 1) or 3). But then, Maximan is bonkers, so maybe we shouldn't expect the plan to make perfect sense! 

Hawkmumbler

The Lloiger, like many eldritchian abominations, seem almost so obsessed with how clever they are that they get cocky enough to try and put all their eggs in once basket.

Destroy the Alignment AND all super powered beings in the multiverse in ine go? WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!