Main Menu

2000ad All female creative teams in 2018 Summer Special

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 February, 2018, 06:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Annoucement from the Thrillmail linkie to Hollywood Reporter article

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/2000-ad-feature-all-woman-special-issue-summer-1082734

Its both good that they are doing this and a shame its such a big deal.

Woolly

Can't wait to see this. Hopefully get to see more input from female creators in the Prog in general.

Professor Bear

Another victory in the hard left vegan Leninist cucktard sharia law SJW cultural Marxist purge of the straight white male from all creative media.  Next they'll be hunting us like dogs and we won't be safe in our own homes.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 February, 2018, 06:41:46 PMIts both good that they are doing this and a shame its such a big deal.
Yep – that's my take, too. Still, the former beats the latter, and I hope this results in these creators – and more women – getting longer runs, in both 2000 AD art and scripts.

(New Misty/Scream, too, so that's two slices of good news.)

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Professor Bear on 07 February, 2018, 07:20:07 PMNext they'll be hunting us like dogs and we won't be safe in our own homes.
Which, ironically, would make a pretty good classic-era 2000 AD strip – or possibly something for Misty.

Professor Bear

Perhaps, but they'll never let me write it because I'm a straight white male - the last truly oppressed minority.

DrJomster

This is on the Must Buy list! As is Misty/Scream.

Praise be to Tharg!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

dweezil2

The more women in comics, particularly 2000AD, the better!

Like much of the creative arts, comics is a sausage fest!!!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

maryanddavid

The fact that the Campbell droid has re-lettered Charley's War move it from a maybe buy to a certainty.

The Superhero Special sounds interesting too, as does the Summer and Scream/Misty.
Good times to be a fan of Fleetway comics!

Bojay1997

Quote from: Professor Bear on 07 February, 2018, 07:20:07 PM
Another victory in the hard left vegan Leninist cucktard sharia law SJW cultural Marxist purge of the straight white male from all creative media.  Next they'll be hunting us like dogs and we won't be safe in our own homes.

Sure, because white men don't control 99% of all media companies anyway.  Give me a break. 

M.I.K.

Quote from: maryanddavid on 07 February, 2018, 10:08:44 PM
The Superhero Special sounds interesting too, as does the Summer and Scream/Misty.

I'm hazarding a guess that the superhero special relates in some way to the Death Man story in last year's Scream!/Misty.

Tjm86

Quote from: Bojay1997 on 08 February, 2018, 12:16:13 AM
Quote from: Professor Bear on 07 February, 2018, 07:20:07 PM

Sure, because white men don't control 99% of all media companies anyway.  Give me a break.

Whooooooosh!   ::)

[Can someone create an emoji denoting something flying straight over someone's head?  Reckon it would get a lot of heavy use in some places.]

ZenArcade

Look forward to seeing the results of this initiative.  Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Professor Bear

This forum is infested with SJW bullies intolerant of moderate political opinions so I'm off to Facebook where I can cry don't have to worry about the jackboots of the far left stomping on my every post.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead