Main Menu

Texas City

Started by The Sherman Kid, 16 March, 2018, 11:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 March, 2018, 07:42:05 AM
Quote from: Michael Knight on 27 March, 2018, 12:36:28 AM
Id love to see more of Texas City and the other Mega cities around Dredds world.

It should probably be mentioned (neatly proving that thing about pleasing all of the people, all of the time) that "too many world Judge stories" has been a frequent complaint about the Megazine for much of its history...

I think that was true a number of years ago -when we had Shimura and the African Judges etc all running....but times have moved, it been a good while since another Judge system has been centre stage.

Come on powers that be -you know it makes sense  :) :thumbsup: :wave:

JOE SOAP

I'd prefer a few non-Judge administered states get depicted in the Meg. The clash might be interesting.

sheridan

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 31 March, 2018, 10:00:11 PM
Id love to see more of Texas City and the other Mega cities around Dredds world.

It should probably be mentioned (neatly proving that thing about pleasing all of the people, all of the time) that "too many world Judge stories" has been a frequent complaint about the Megazine for much of its history...

I think that was true a number of years ago -when we had Shimura and the African Judges etc all running....but times have moved, it been a good while since another Judge system has been centre stage.

...other than the Scandinavian one we got within the last six months :-P

I'd like to see more (and more varied) Dreddworld stories - and not necessarily in 2040...

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 01 April, 2018, 01:17:23 AM

...other than the Scandinavian one we got within the last six months :-P

I'd like to see more (and more varied) Dreddworld stories - and not necessarily in 2040...

I meant 2140, of course, but SMF won't let me edit for some reason :-(

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 31 March, 2018, 10:05:33 PM

I'd prefer a few non-Judge administered states get depicted in the Meg. The clash might be interesting.

Also would be welcome. :thumbsup:

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I think a story about how things got so bad that a country chose to emulate the American justice system could be fascinating.

You may quote me on that.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Mister Pops on 01 April, 2018, 11:42:18 PM

I think a story about how things got so bad that a country chose to emulate the American justice system could be fascinating.

Edit: I don't know what happened there, sorry for the double post
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

The wider world was an area sort-of addressed in the Orlok solo series, with a variable degree of success.  I can't quite decide whether it was hampered or enhanced by its pre-Apocalypse time period, but I can definitely see another (or more of the same) globe-trotting strip working.