Main Menu

Thrill power Overload

Started by BMCCOLL, 09 April, 2018, 05:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMCCOLL

Forgive me if this has been covered in depth elsewhere, but is this book worth getting? I've been looking for indepth reviews and images of the inside pages but to no avail.

Steve Green

It's worth getting.

The non-Bishop stuff is a bit safe since it covers the post-Rebellion buy out era more.

dweezil2

I concur with Steve!
I'd classify it as nigh on essential!  :thumbsup: 
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

BMCCOLL

Thanks, guys, I've got my eye on a copy and in all honesty was going to fork out anyway!  :)

Colin YNWA

Yep its absolutely great and if I was mind re-read its long overdue another (about my 4th) go.

BMCCOLL

maryanddavid

AlexF

The Monarch

its not just post rebellion thats new theres a lot of new stuff about the early days of the comic too its pretty much essential if you're a fan

BMCCOLL

My copy should be here in the next few days. So looks like good holiday reading as I'm off for a weeks leave.

Tjm86

I'm curious about the changes to the early stuff.  I've got the 30th and the 40th editions and other than having reduced the size and layout I couldn't detect much in the way of changes.  Clearly I need to go back and have another look.

Tomwe

I took my copy on holiday last year and couldn't put it down. Exhaustive and entertaining! I agree I found the non-Bishop chapters less biting more "this and then this" but also I may have been a little burnt out by then!

Colin YNWA

To be honest the end of the Bishop stuff is very much. Then this and then that. I think it might be more a case of its a steady well run shio these days and doesn't really make for a compelling story unlittle the seemingly endless swobbles and struggles of old!

BMCCOLL

Book arrived today and had a quick flick through, its as good as I thought it would be. I can identify with the stuff up to the mid 80s, beyond that was after I stopped reading the mag. I think I'd be better read the book til then and then power through my back issues before continuing!