Main Menu

Prog 2093 - Infernal Engines

Started by Richard, 04 August, 2018, 01:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Get him back in the prog, Tharg!

norton canes

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 August, 2018, 11:11:29 AM
Next week's Armoured Gideon cover by Kei Zama looks the business, but its a missed opportunity that the Jacob Droid wasn't reactivated to draw it

Or that it wasn't John Burns!

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 August, 2018, 10:49:08 AM
Some pretty up-to-date stuff on Simon's Deviant Art page.

Great always like to add 2000AD artists and ex-artists to my following list.

TordelBack

What an excellent Prog! 

Unfortunately a Tweeted cover reveal for next week spoiled the surprise in The Order, but I'll live.  And let's start there: we get that breather I was looking for last week, or at least a few pages where Burns has time to do some detailed art while folks chat about how things got to the present pass, and its to the benefit of the strip.  And then the big crossover splash, which I'm in two minds about: I think the big guy fits perfectly into the complex inter-dimensional time-crisis world of the Order and its steampunky robot men, and I'm delighted to see him back into the bargain; on the other hand, I don't much like Burns' rendition, especially the Escher drawing that is his left arm, the topology of which I can't resolve at all.  Let the mighty Burns draw his own batstomm designs, sez I!  Anyway, cant wait to see where this goes, as ever.

Dredd is great again.  Can't say I normally care for the judges enabling lawbreaking, no matter how useful, but if I'm honest it all feels like this is a missing chapter of The Crime Files and that is a Good Thing.  I like that both gangs have a SF/Crazy dimension, and I like the procedural chat between the judges.  Add some all-out fantastic art from Manco, which in places looks like Will Simpson at his very best, and I'm happy out.  McConville's best work yet, fingers crossed he sticks the landing.

However, Best In Show has to go to Grey Area.  If this series has been building to anything, it's this week's unassuming episode.  Everything works, everyone looks and sounds like a real person; this is the setting and the characters and the storyline all syncing up perfectly.  Highest possible marks to Abnett and Harrison, like Feo I sincerely hope this strip doesn't quit.

EDIT: Drokk, I've just realised I haven't read Mechastopheles or the FS yet!  Only 60% read and I'm sated!  That's the sign of a dense and statisfying prog if ever there was one. I'll be back...

TordelBack

Addendum:  Mechastopheles gelling a bit better for me this week, but still not stoking the eternal furnaces; the 3Riller, I dunno, nice art? Kneale references may be a bit overused at this point, but sure we'll see how it plays out.

Colin Zeal

As a postie, I doubt very much that it is being pinched in the delivery office(I realise you were probably making a joke) because we deal with so much post and anyone who frequently doesn't get something they have on subscription will complain. I should also say that Rebellion subs department is excellent and it's a very rare time that the prog isn't there to deliver on a Saturday.

BPP

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 12 August, 2018, 12:24:01 AM
As a postie, I doubt very much that it is being pinched in the delivery office(I realise you were probably making a joke) because we deal with so much post and anyone who frequently doesn't get something they have on subscription will complain. I should also say that Rebellion subs department is excellent and it's a very rare time that the prog isn't there to deliver on a Saturday.

2094 is now the third week in a row it hasn't shown up. Last sub issue I received was 2091 on the 21st July. It's pretty clear someone near the end of the line is lifting it as it's specifically mine not arriving rather than one earlier in the chain where there would be greater numbers to lift and so less chance it being my copy.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

broodblik

Quote from: BPP on 14 August, 2018, 04:05:26 PM
Quote from: Colin Zeal on 12 August, 2018, 12:24:01 AM

2094 is now the third week in a row it hasn't shown up. Last sub issue I received was 2091 on the 21st July. It's pretty clear someone near the end of the line is lifting it as it's specifically mine not arriving rather than one earlier in the chain where there would be greater numbers to lift and so less chance it being my copy.

That is the reason why I went the digital route. Our post you might get if you get it up to 3 months after it has been posted.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.