Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

So I'm guessing by that list on Wiki regarding Savage/Invasion where it says one book for each,  the entirety of Invasion will be in one book (maybe to pad it out the Savage Disaster story pre Volgan War?), and Savage will encompass the Guvnor and Taking Liberties.  Shame in a way as I have all that but hardback reprints will be decent.  The only thing I know is that there were follow up stories to The Guv'nor but maybe it's too new to print right now.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 06 January, 2018, 06:47:59 PM
So I'm guessing by that list on Wiki regarding Savage/Invasion where it says one book for each,  the entirety of Invasion will be in one book (maybe to pad it out the Savage Disaster story pre Volgan War?), and Savage will encompass the Guvnor and Taking Liberties.

The complete Invasion is about 256 pages - so no need for padding out...!
@jamesfeistdraws

Anthony Garnon

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 06 January, 2018, 01:09:51 PM
Return of the King is a great Dredd 101 volume, and the title story didn't stick out as much as I thought it might, it just made me want to go back and read Necropolis again, which was perhaps the idea. Top stuff.

It's already been confirmed that Dark Justice will be one of the other 2 Dredd volumes, any thoughts on the other?

Material from Case Files 1? Would make sense as a volume 1 for this series.

Jade Falcon

Read Return of the King and a good chunk of this was stories I'd read before but perhaps only individua frames jogging my memory. Example being the Saman screaming"It's the end of Gemini 2" at the beginning of that story. The fact I didn't outright remember the strips 100% means I really enjoyed them. Return of the King itself I enjoyed even though I knew Dredds rather hilarious twisted logic.

All in all, good stuff.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

leethomson

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 06 January, 2018, 06:47:59 PM
So I'm guessing by that list on Wiki regarding Savage/Invasion where it says one book for each,  the entirety of Invasion will be in one book (maybe to pad it out the Savage Disaster story pre Volgan War?), and Savage will encompass the Guvnor and Taking Liberties.  Shame in a way as I have all that but hardback reprints will be decent.  The only thing I know is that there were follow up stories to The Guv'nor but maybe it's too new to print right now.

Taking Liberties and The Guv'nor are almost 400 pages between them, so they're not going in one volume. It seems pretty confusing to me.

Tomwe

Quote from: Anthony Garnon on 07 January, 2018, 09:48:22 AM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 06 January, 2018, 01:09:51 PM
Return of the King is a great Dredd 101 volume, and the title story didn't stick out as much as I thought it might, it just made me want to go back and read Necropolis again, which was perhaps the idea. Top stuff.

It's already been confirmed that Dark Justice will be one of the other 2 Dredd volumes, any thoughts on the other?

Material from Case Files 1? Would make sense as a volume 1 for this series.

I agree with this. For the Dark Justice volume, I'm expecting we will see Dominion from the Meg in there too since it was a sequel, yes? That's still only 120 pages or so. Do you think they will fill it up with Dave Kendall goodness (yuckiness) ?

IndigoPrime

Amusing how the Chopper volume takes a knife to the Ennis and (especially) McKenzie yarns.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 January, 2018, 10:28:39 AM
Amusing how the Chopper volume takes a knife to the Ennis and (especially) McKenzie yarns.
Indeed, and Molcher's less than complimentary details of them in the back. Wonder if they will shove them back in for the extension somewhere.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Tomwe on 08 January, 2018, 11:51:25 AM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 January, 2018, 10:28:39 AM
Indeed, and Molcher's less than complimentary details of them in the back. Wonder if they will shove them back in for the extension somewhere.

Shouldn't these be moved over to the Dredd thread?

oddballuk

Better image now up for issue 11, the first volume of Robo-Hunter.
Spine image says volume 14 so that's volumes 14-16 for Robo-Hunter?

Dark Jimbo

Huh, looks like they've definately ditched the colour title pages for B&W material, then. Wonder why?
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

A pity. As for the reason, possibly this: £££.

Arkady

Really loving the Ezquerra Dredd volume. Nice to see how his art developed in this period, and it's a great selection of stories which are often really funny. I thought it would feel like sweepings from the cutting room floor, but instead it's a really strong and a decent entry-level Dredd collection. They should have included a "if you liked this..." flyer for the Mega Collection too, with an introductory discount for Ultimate Collection subscribers. Hell I might have fallen for it myself.

sintec

Quote from: Arkady on 11 January, 2018, 02:55:23 PM
Really loving the Ezquerra Dredd volume.I thought it would feel like sweepings from the cutting room floor, but instead it's a really strong and a decent entry-level Dredd collection.

Yeah I had a similar concern and was pleasantly surprised.  It's a nice little collection.  Hopefully the other 2 Dredd books will manage to maintain the quality seen here.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.