Main Menu

Stories that should be collected

Started by broodblik, 10 August, 2018, 05:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Cactus

I've never laid eyes on an episode of Shadows. Get on it, Tharg!

The Adventurer

There's a bunch of stuff in the Extreme Editions that honestly its about time got proper collections or rereprinted in a Meg Floppy. At least to get it in a digital format.

Bad City Blue, The Dead, Firekind, Reaver, Armoured Gideon, has Cinnabar ever been reprinted?

Also, can a brother PLEASE get a digital release of the first Lobster Random series, that damn Hardcover has prevented it from getting reprinted for far too long.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

broodblik

Quote from: The Adventurer on 11 August, 2018, 05:19:57 AM
There's a bunch of stuff in the Extreme Editions that honestly its about time got proper collections or rereprinted in a Meg Floppy. At least to get it in a digital format.

Bad City Blue, The Dead, Firekind, Reaver, Armoured Gideon, has Cinnabar ever been reprinted?

Also, can a brother PLEASE get a digital release of the first Lobster Random series, that damn Hardcover has prevented it from getting reprinted for far too long.

Cinnabar was collected in "Rogue Trooper Tales of Nu-Earth Vol 4".
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Quote from: The Adventurer on 11 August, 2018, 05:19:57 AM

Here is some of the stuff that has been published as floppies:

Meg   Series            Publication   No
278   Cannon Fodder      
291   Cannon Fodder      
329   Finn      
338   Night Zero      
340   Beyond Zero      
342   Lobster Random         2000AD   1411-1419
353   Lobster Random         2000AD   1482-1490
361   Finn      
362   The Vort                 2000AD   1589-1596
362   Lobster Random         2000AD   1601-1603
363   Lobster Random         2000AD   1604-1610
364   Freaks      
365   Faces      
387   The Lawless Touch      Tornado   
391   Wagner's Walk         Tornado   
392   Wagner's Walk         Tornado   
397   Lofty's One-Man Luftwaffe   Battle   
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Lobo Baggins

Another vote for Armoured Gideon.  I've recently been rereading it and all those full page splash panels are beautiful (and bonkers)!
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

TordelBack

Indulging in a broad-spectrum Strontium Dog re-read recently,  I dug into the Tales from the Doghouse Meg floppy, and I was just bowled over by Jacobs' art.  Talk about an original style!  I really didn't appreciate him enough at the time (possibly because I wasn't really loving Inspector Raam or TftDH as stories).   So yeah,  some AG floppies at the very least would be nice.

Richard

Bloodfang, from Eagle. (Bloodthirsty dinosaur action by Wagner.)

Funt Solo

Quote from: broodblik on 11 August, 2018, 05:33:47 AM
Cinnabar was collected in "Rogue Trooper Tales of Nu-Earth Vol 4".

And is reprinted in M4.16-M4.18, and X15.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Quote from: Richard on 13 August, 2018, 11:45:03 PM
Bloodfang, from Eagle. (Bloodthirsty dinosaur action by Wagner.)

I don't think this will happen if I am correct all the new Eagle stuff is owned by The Dan Dare corporation (hence the lack of any of these titles being reprinted).

broodblik

Junker from the late Michael Fleisher. I know that many do not like this but I have certain degree of fetish (or a case of my eyes loving the story more than my brain did) for this story

SpaceSpinner2000

I'd like to see Helltrekkers in a version I could purchase. It's in the Dredd Mega Collections, but you can only get those off of ebay here in the states.
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

broodblik

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 14 August, 2018, 03:45:58 PM
I'd like to see Helltrekkers in a version I could purchase. It's in the Dredd Mega Collections, but you can only get those off of ebay here in the states.

It was collected in Meg #218-223 (they are available digitally)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 14 August, 2018, 03:45:58 PM

..And it's bundled with some pretty dire stories in that edition, too!
@jamesfeistdraws

davidbishop

I'd like to see Middenface: Wan Man an' his Dug by Alan Grant, Tony Luke & John McCrea collected. It's 62 pages, which is the perfect length for a Megazine supplement. Not sure why it's never been reprinted, perhaps the memory cheats There's certainly enough latter day Middenface stories from the Meg to fill a book...

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++