Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: robert_ellis on 23 July, 2015, 12:57:58 AM
retouching heavily letra-toned art must be a git especially when there's different greys and spatter on top.

There were some panels in the 'restored' Hook Jaw for STRIP, where I actually re-drew individual dots by hand...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Skullmo

Quote from: glassstanley on 22 July, 2015, 11:26:15 PM
Quote from: Molch-R on 22 July, 2015, 06:39:55 PM
Quote from: demos99 on 22 July, 2015, 06:30:33 PM
Doesn't Rebellion have access to the original films taken from the original artwork

As we've mentioned before, the films of older Progs were really not looked after at IPC/Fleetway and large chunks of them are very damaged or plain missing. KAT-Scan does the very best with what we have access to.

Bear in mind that the old Titan volumes were undoubtedly taken from this film before it was lost/damaged, so it's not fair to compare the two of them. And no, Titan do not have copies of the films; we checked.

Wouldn't scans of the Titan volumes produce better results?

Yes
It's a joke. I was joking.

W. R. Logan

As the person who did the Archive sort out ready for the DC trades before Rebellion took control, I can say that some of the films were in an awful state.
From picking them up in the dumped pile they were in, to sorting out and building the archive from scratch I'm amazed that some of the reproduction is as good as it is.
The Nerve Centre and Kat should be congratulated on how they've turned those films into the products we see today.

Krakajac

As others in the Land of Oz have mentioned...

I was up at 5:00am today, blearily eating my cereal in front of the TV before going to work...and the Mega Collection advertisement popped up.  That woke me up!  First time in all the years I've collected Tooth that a related commercial has aired on Australian TV.

I'll try and hit some local newsagents to see if I can snag a copy of 'AMERICA'.  $7.99AUD isn't a bad deal.

13school

I found a copy in the first (Australian) newsagent I went into, and by all accounts (ok, I asked a couple of friends in Melbourne to look around) it's pretty much everywhere. Here's hoping that it keeps appearing on shelves - I can't justify grabbing every issue but there's a lot coming up I wouldn't mind getting ahold of.

IndigoPrime

I'm hoping expansion to new territories can be seen as a good sign. There's only really been one duff book so far, by my estimation, and the others have all been good to great.

Anzati

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 July, 2015, 11:34:45 AM
I'm hoping expansion to new territories can be seen as a good sign. There's only really been one duff book so far, by my estimation, and the others have all been good to great.

...and even that one duff book (I'm making an assumption here, that our opinions align)  was an interesting read for me, as I hadn't read the stories before :) I certainly see the expansion as a good thing :)

Krakajac

Queensland, Australia - walked into my small, country newsagent - and found Volume 1 staring at me, which was a nice surprise.  Like many, I can't justify collecting the whole set - but if I can snag AMERICA, MECHANISMO and perhaps APOCALYPSE WAR, I'll be a happy chap.

robert_ellis

Dash Decent

When I die, they're going to go through my things and think I had Alzheimer's.

"Another copy of this?  Didn't he remember he bought it three times already??"

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Okay, my gorgeous wife has snagged volume one for me from the local newsagent.

It looks very nice.  I was interested to see it was a little shorter but a little wider than the Case Files/Rebellion trades.  That bodes well for material from the old UK comic size progs.  How does the Apocalypse War edition look with these dimensions?  Is there less white space and less reduction than in the Case Files?  I imagine there are comments about it somewhere in this thread but I couldn't find them even after trawling through umpteen pages.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IndigoPrime

Dash Decent

Thanks IP.  The amount of white space around the borders looks pretty similar to the Case Files.  The black stands out more, though I imagine the paper makes a big difference in that regard.

Having stared at the photo for a minute or so, my main thought was how great an artist Carlos Ezquerra is.  (That's not a new revelation, just something I often think looking at his artwork.)

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

klute

Been out of the loop for a while can these be bought separate or is there a chance of them being put into the online store?
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: klute on 04 August, 2015, 03:45:42 PM
Been out of the loop for a while can these be bought separate or is there a chance of them being put into the online store?

You can buy the issues individually here: http://www.hachettepartworks.com/products/9372-judge-dredd-the-mega-collection.aspx
@jamesfeistdraws