Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Grugz on 11 December, 2014, 09:17:35 PM
pringles... not the taste,theyre aces but the tube that's too small for my fat hand unless I tip crisps all over the sofa ...and when pringles come pre broken in the aforementioned tube

I'll say it this for pringles; their packaging has an excellent confection to empty space ratio. Most other crisps come in huge bags that are only about a third full.
You may quote me on that.

Theblazeuk

Pewdiepie is the subject of South Park s18 e9 btw all. Obviously grinds many peoples gears and not just yours. All gets a bit meta needless to say.

radiator

"This Title is Not Available to Rent. Click here to BUY for £14.99."

Ffs. Firstly, why the hell can't I just rent it? Secondly, do you want my money or not?

Fungus

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 14 December, 2014, 10:24:13 PM
Pewdiepie is the subject of South Park s18 e9 btw all. Obviously grinds many peoples gears and not just yours. All gets a bit meta needless to say.

That required Googling on my part. Highly unlikely South Park has been running 20-ish years...???
Which prompted memories of a comic shop in Washington DC in about '98. Working out there, bored out of my skull,
but delighted to find a comic shop, asked if they had Watchmen (worth re-reading). "Oh, what's that?". WTF?
I bring this up because what they DID have were 300 South Park T-shirts. I almost bought "I WANT MY CHEESY
POOFS!". For cultural reasons I realised this was an item I could never wear at home. Few bucks saved.

+++ anecdote ends +++

Theblazeuk

What's even more unlikely is that it's still quite good though much different tints original premises (much more knowing of itself after such time). Still the stupidity of the world is a rich, rich vein. The racism of the South Park police hasn't become irrelevant for one. 'a black guy! Choke him! No shoot him! Shoot him and then choke him'

I, Cosh

Quote from: radiator on 15 December, 2014, 01:11:33 AM

Ffs. Firstly, why the hell can't I just rent it? Secondly, do you want my money or not?
I thought you could watch any episode you like on the South Park website.
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Currently grinding my gears? My own sense of fairness. I'm waiting on a hospital appointment for the surgical removal of the remnant of a broken tooth which is currently causing me excruciating pain. A friend of mine who is in a position to do so has offered to help me 'jump the queue', but I just can't do it. If I get my appointment early, someone else will, of necessity, have theirs later. I can't, in all conscience, claim that my need is any greater than the unknown person who would suffer delay in that scenario.

My conscience, however, is unable to provide pain relief. :-(

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Theblazeuk

Looking for a plug in the 'nominated for sainthood' :)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 15 December, 2014, 09:56:47 AM

I'd rather have the money. Or prescription painkillers.

Cheers

Jim

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 December, 2014, 09:59:32 AM
Quote from: Theblazeuk on 15 December, 2014, 09:56:47 AM

I'd rather have the money. Or prescription painkillers.

Cheers

Jim

Careful with those - they can turn a chap racist.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 15 December, 2014, 10:23:10 AM
Careful with those - they can turn a chap racist.

Up yours, you spud-munching bog-trotter!

...Ooh. I see what you mean.

Cheers

Jim

JamesC

It's the same with Lovefilm by post. X-Men - Days of Future Past has been available to buy for over a month but isn't available for rental until 9th January!

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 December, 2014, 09:54:05 AM
Currently grinding my gears? My own sense of fairness. I'm waiting on a hospital appointment for the surgical removal of the remnant of a broken tooth which is currently causing me excruciating pain. A friend of mine who is in a position to do so has offered to help me 'jump the queue', but I just can't do it. If I get my appointment early, someone else will, of necessity, have theirs later. I can't, in all conscience, claim that my need is any greater than the unknown person who would suffer delay in that scenario.

My conscience, however, is unable to provide pain relief. :-(

Cheers

Jim

Shite Jim, dunno if I could do that- nothing worse than continuous tooth / jaw pain (except maybe lower back muscles).
Just tell yourself that if you don't jump the queue, someone else will!

von Boom

Tech support drones that don't think for themselves and only give the scripted answers to questions you aren't even asking! Grrrr.

radiator

Quote from: The Cosh on 15 December, 2014, 09:08:10 AM

I thought you could watch any episode you like on the South Park website.

That was an entirely unrelated post. I wasn't talking about South Park, just movies in general. I frequently find that the film I wanted to watch via iTunes, VUDU or the PSN Store is unavailable to rent and only offered to 'buy' at full price for some totally arbitrary reason. Understand why they might do this with brand-new releases, but it's very annoying when it's a catalogue title. I'm not one of those self-righteous advocates for piracy, but man, you really shouldn't turn willing customers away.