Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Dandontdare

Phew! glad it's not a racist or misogynist thing!  :lol:

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Shitposting.

As in throwing up pictures/memes without really contibuting anything to any discussion. One step below clickbait.

E.G.

Here is a picture that everyone has seen and anyone could easily find with the briefest of Googles.
You may quote me on that.

radiator

People with bad breath.

Just spent an hour sitting with a client whose breath was so overpoweringly rank I was actually suppressing the urge to gag throughout.

How can people be so unaware of things like this? Brush your teeth. Buy some mints. Jesus.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: radiator on 10 July, 2015, 10:47:13 PM
People with bad breath.

Just spent an hour sitting with a client whose breath was so overpoweringly rank I was actually suppressing the urge to gag throughout.

How can people be so unaware of things like this? Brush your teeth. Buy some mints. Jesus.

I worked in a Hotel once. 10 hours into a 12 hour shift, my manager, who everyone hated talking to because of his precipitating, putrid, gaping crypt of a mouth, told me (TEN hours into a shift no less) that I could do with a shower. That little shit questioned my hygiene? My reaction ensured I didn't work in that hotel anymore.
You may quote me on that.

hippynumber1

This has been bugging the hell out of me for a while now: these digital subcription services that offer you the opportunity to watch 'complete box sets' of a tv series. It's not a box set if it's not in a fecking box! It's stupid some of the little, unimportant things that wind me up!

The Legendary Shark

I know what you mean. People insist on calling a five pound note money but it's not - it's a promissory note, dammit!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

hippynumber1

I've always wanted to go into a bank with a handful of promissory notes and ask for my money.

radiator

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 11 July, 2015, 05:53:22 PM
This has been bugging the hell out of me for a while now: these digital subcription services that offer you the opportunity to watch 'complete box sets' of a tv series. It's not a box set if it's not in a fecking box! It's stupid some of the little, unimportant things that wind me up!

Seems like such a weird thing to be annoyed by, cos if you follow that logic to its conclusion you'd have to throw out just about every other noun in the English language. A lot of words bear little resemblance to their original literal meaning.

hippynumber1

I know, I know. I didn't say it was rational. I think I'm just getting old!  :lol:

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 11 July, 2015, 08:28:13 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 11 July, 2015, 05:53:22 PM

Seems like such a weird thing to be annoyed by, cos if you follow that logic to its conclusion you'd have to throw out just about every other noun in the English language. A lot of words bear little resemblance to their original literal meaning.

I do like being able to tape dem box-sets.

radiator

This. Everything that's bad about the internet and modern media in one news article.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fat-jew-josh-ostrovsky-signs-815198

For clarity - this guy is not a 'comedian' as such. He could best be described as an internet 'personality' who rose to prominence by simply reposting other people's jokes, memes and amusing pictures, usually without making any reference to (or deliberately removing) the original source's credit.

So he's essentially a bot, who's now been signed by one of the biggest agencies in Hollywood.

Hawkmumbler

My job. Or at least my retail job (primery source of income). I'm just sick of it. Sick of the rudeness from customers looking down at you, sick of the passive aggressiveness between staff, sick of the pathetic excuse for a wage that i'm lucky to see on time for payday. Today was the final straw. I'm tendering my resignation.

The Legendary Shark

I'd find another job first, Hawkie - it's none of my business I know, but in my experience it's generally easier to find a job when you've already got one.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 August, 2015, 08:05:03 PM
I'd find another job first, Hawkie - it's none of my business I know, but in my experience it's generally easier to find a job when you've already got one.

This is absolutely true, and good advice IMHO. 

It is also good advice to leave a job that's making you miserable, but Sharkie's observation trumps it temporarily.