Main Menu

BSG OMG!

Started by Tweak72, 27 October, 2006, 11:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweak72

Has any one been exposed to the brilliant season 3 of Battlestar Galactica? I just saw last night Ep. 4 and as far as I am concerned you can keep Lost and any other programme thatâ??s on at the moment. Itâ??s been really, REALLY cool and really, REALLY dark. Well worth seeing :D
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

paulvonscott

Circustmance stopped me watching BSG2 before half way through and it seemed to be coasting a bit.  I'm told it gets better at the end.  I'll watch it when I get the chance.  Apart from not having dirk benedict in, it's much better than the pappy original.

ukdane

Season 2 was aces, however I thought the first ½ had the stronger episodes, then it tailed off a bit, then it got better again.
I've not seen any season 3 yet (and unlikely to until the DVD boxset is released, as they don't do "Sci-fi" over here).
Looking forward to seeing where they go in season 3 though.
Cheers

-Daney

Trout

Gagh. No further than season one here at Trout Towers.

Our planet-busting devices and hideous torture chambers don't have Sky. I loved the first box set, though, and will ask Santa more season two.

Always glad to have the board as a barometer for this sort of thing.

- Trout

Tweak72

i have mini series season one and two and i may even let my self be conned in to buying 2.5 some friends are stealing it from the internet but i dont mind watching it as i know i am going to but the DVD box set as soon as it hits the shops
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Cordite

Haven't seen any of S3 yet, but I'm told it's awesome. S1 was very good and S2 was mostly incredible. Best SF show I've ever seen.

Rob Spalding

Latest episode of S3 is awesome.  Some truly amazing stuff.
The geeky fanboy in me cheered pretty much all the way through!

James

I saw episode 4 of S3 the other night, awesome. The bit when Galactica...

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

...dropped in from orbit and FTl'ed out before crashing was lush!

wrighty47

Not seen any of series 3 yet. I have seen all the mini-series and season's 1 & 2 tho. It is quite a good series, tho does take itself a little too seriously at time for me, and all that "Frakkin'" fake swearing is incredibly annoying and the cgi effects are quite poor imo, especially the Cylons. That said, when it's good, it can be very good.

Not as good as Doctor Who tho!  ;)

Alan!

Rob Spalding

Ah, but "Frak!" is now to be found in Veronica Mars.  University campus set drama =  geeks using geek speak!

Byron Virgo

Veronica Mars...is that the 'phantom rape' show...?

Bico

Veronica Mars only uses 'frak' in order to highlight geekdom, not endorse it.  The first episode of the new series had the main character look at someone who used the word - in actual conversation - with the same kind of look normally reserved for Gary Glitter.
BSG really does need a new composer, though.  That rubbish thumpy drums thing gets annoying fast, but does have the benefit of not being omnipresent - as most background music tends to be in sci-fi television.  Speaking of which - how come every other tv show in the world knows how to mix the music for surround sound without blaring over the dialogue, yet Doctor Who's soundtrack remains just as bad as when it started?  A cynical man might suggest that it's deliberate.

And ignore Ed's opinion of BSG - he refuses to watch it ever since Glen Larson threatened to have him shot.

Wils

Not having seen either BSG or Veronica Mars, the word just means this to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgiA10MfOu4" target="_blank">Frak!

Art

I'm still of the opinion that the "political" angle of Battlestar Iraqtica consists of the writers throwing all kinds of topical shit at the wall and seeing what sticks, Mark Millar style, but the thing James mentions is one of the awesomest TV big spaceship moments evah.

(Though personally I'd have given it more spoiler space. Or whited it out. The shock factor of them suddenly doing something so cool is half the fun.)

Marbles

Just caught up with the first 5 episodes of S3 of BSG & gonna watch Ep 6 on the train to work tmrw morning.

Bloody amazingly good. Love the Iraq subtext too.

Previous seasons were good, but this really is a whole 'nother level.

The only clunker is 'fatty' Apollo !
Remember - dry hair is for squids