Started by Marbles, 03 November, 2006, 11:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Heavy Metal - Fall 2006 - Halloween Special
Item# 4607
Price: $5.99

Features -

Claudia: Vampire Knight
by Pat Mills, Franck Tacito, Anne Drano and Jacques Collinhttp://www.metaltv.com/images/full/fall06.jpg">
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Ignatzmonster

paulvonscott

Thanks for the heads up, Marbles.  Another slice of weirdness, so soon!  A trip tothe comics shop next week... What is the artist like?

Cheers

Paul

wrighty47

Cheers mate. Will lhunt this down!  :)

Alan!

Marbles

PVS - haven't got it myself yet, will let you know, but the preview page I've seen is very different from Ledroit's stuff.

DavidXBrunt

Hold on a few weeks and it'll turned up in newsagents with a back issue packaged with it for the same price.

ukdane

but the preview page I've seen is very different from Ledroit's stuff.

Linky?
Cheers

-Daney

Marbles

The Amstor Computer

Ugh. Really disappointing to go to that from Ledroit's work...

paulvonscott

At looks okay to me.  Nothing wrong with being different.

The Amstor Computer

At looks okay to me. Nothing wrong with being different

Oh, not at all. I just find this disappointingly bland and characterless after Ledroit - and it has a bad case of "floating tits" that's guaranteed to irritate me ;-)

paulvonscott

This is France...

Yes, tits are portrayed quite strangely in comics :) but then so are lots of things.

Leigh S

Yeah, darned Continentals - theres a definite Eurotrash vibe to those floating abominations! Does look a little disappointing after Ledroits stuff, but a change is as good as a rest maybe.  Just good to have another comic to look forward to beyond reprints of stories many decades old..

The Adventurer

I'm not quite getting the "floating breasts" thing you're talking about. What's wrong exactly?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Amstor Computer

Well, the clearest example on that sample page is in the central panel where the "camera" is looking at the character from the back. Her breasts (as well as being ludicrously disproportionate) appear to be floating in mid-air, or perhaps they're suspended by some invisible bra...