Main Menu

Trigan Empire Volume 5 ( Hardback Special Edition )

Started by 73north, 07 February, 2024, 01:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73north

I received the 5th Volume a little while ago - the final chunk of Don Lawrence art is collected here and it's just as fantastic as ever. The quality never dipped across all the years of work.

Visually impressive. The second half is by Oliver Frey and it's colourful and artwork was
just as great as I remember it from April 1977.
One complaint - I own the original magazines - the reproduction or scanning for 1977 editions isn't too good.
The original copy is a lot clearer and just better to look at .

I hope this doesn't happen again with Volume 6

73north

Fortnight

Is there going to be a volume 6? I don't know enough about the period towards the end to know if there is still material outstanding. Some sources (Amazon for one, at least when I pre-ordered the softcover) claimed it was the last volume, but the book itself doesn't say anything one way or the other about another volume. Other sources I've seen are equally inconclusive.

73north

Hi
There will be more than one Volume to come,maybe 3 or 4 as we have reached only early 1977, and the series lasted till April 1982

Plus the limited edition hardback has a diagonal stripe in the artwork on the spine , that seems to be a few volumes short before completion.  I measured it a few months ago....

alphadogau

From the Treasury of British Comics newsletter (Nov 2023), after book five was published:

"However, this isn't the end for the Trigan Empire – we are very pleased to exclusively announce to our newsletter readers that our series of collections will continue and collect the stories by artists who followed Lawrence, with a sixth volume scheduled for release in 2025."
Are we there yet?

73north

Thanks for the kind update

I bought this

and it details the number of pages still to be published ( from 14th May 1977 to 17th April 1982 )
and I have totalled them up , using the above book ( highly recommended ) -
its still 340 pages to be published .

to be published - the last Volume had 278 pages approximately , so we will need 2 Volumes to complete the saga that ended with Mercy Mission ( by Ken Roscoe ) from Look and Learn 13/02/1982 to 17/04/1982
which had 10 pages - which ended with Issue 1049 ( April 1982 )

Surely Rebellion will announce another Volume 6 to be Published later this year for Xmas  , with the sixth final Volume in 2025 ??

Perhaps Rebellion can clear this up , on the Forum or on the Treasury of British Comics Facebook page ?

IndigoPrime

Or they just wrap it up with one final chunkier volume.