Main Menu

Judge Dredd retires? Dies of old age?

Started by judgeurko, 06 September, 2015, 01:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Then why was he so fucking grumpy?  Exploding balls.  Put money on it.

Greg M.

Rara Avis

Richard asking the big questions  :D

Quote from: Richard on 07 November, 2019, 08:58:07 PM
QuoteJudges don't wank

They don't have sex (at least they're not allowed to), but I must have missed the story where it was established that they can't even wank. What happened in that one? Did Chief Judge Volt call Roffman into his office and say "Now, young man, it has some to my attention that..."

Dark Jimbo

QuoteJudges don't wank

They don't have sex (at least they're not allowed to), but I must have missed the story where it was established that they can't even wank. What happened in that one? Did Chief Judge Volt call Roffman into his office and say "Now, young man, it has some to my attention that..."

Given that they're forbidden sex but not simply given a chemical castration/suppressant of some kind on graduation, I get the impression that Judge celibacy is a deliberate test of willpower. Like Dredd and the fleas - 'I've got 'em. I'm just not scratching.' So would wanking be an approved outlet for their urges, or a disappointing failure of will?
@jamesfeistdraws

paddykafka

QuoteJudges don't wank

[/quote

In that case, a slap on the wrist would be the most appropriate sanction.

dweezil2

I'd like Dredd's consciousness to be transplanted into the body of a young female street Judge and for the strip to be retitled "Joanne Dredd" just to annoy Daily Mail readers!  :lol:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Tiplodocus

I refer the honourable readers to FATHER FIGURE in ZARJAZ #9.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Frank

Quote from: dweezil2 on 08 November, 2019, 02:36:59 PM
I'd like Dredd's consciousness to be transplanted into the body of a young, female street Judge and for the strip to be retitled "Joanne Dredd" just to annoy Daily Mail readers!

Meghan Dredd, if you're going for Mail readers*

* I don't understand what they don't like about that young, mixed-race foreigner

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 08 November, 2019, 10:47:28 AM
QuoteJudges don't wank

Given that they're forbidden sex but not simply given a chemical castration/suppressant of some kind on graduation, I get the impression that Judge celibacy is a deliberate test of willpower. Like Dredd and the fleas - 'I've got 'em. I'm just not scratching.' So would wanking be an approved outlet for their urges, or a disappointing failure of will?

They do take libido suppressants, though.  It was mentioned in The Pit (or one of the related stories from that era anyway). 

I know it would make sense to give Dredd a body transplant, I really do. And I know things can't go on forever they way they are, with Dredd as a geriatric even by MC1 standards.  But I really, really hate the idea of Dredd being younger than me.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 08 November, 2019, 06:56:07 PM
things can't go on forever they way they are, with Dredd as a geriatric even by MC1 standards

They magicked him all young again*. It's a dull solution to such a long-running topic of fan-interest, but it's done, now.

Once the bollocks has been established, all bollocks stemming from that bollocks is legitimate, as I believe Oscar Wilde once said.

* The Carousel, Meg 375, by Carroll & Willsher. The Samaritan (Niemand & Johnson, 2138) threw in some bollocks about limiting Dredd's regenerations, like Dr Who, but, in the unlikely event people are still reading Judge Dredd comics in 20 years time, Tharg can just decide there's been a breakthrough in the technology. Just as there was in the business of full cellular rejuvenation, which Al Ewing and PJ Holden reckon didn't exist just 10 years ago (A Home For Aldous Mayou, 1699)

Tjm86

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Steve Green link=topic=42533.msg889869 #msg889869 date=1441544886I'd quite like a bumper prog with various Dredd writers and artists doing a 'Death of Judge Dredd' just for fun.
Or a Zarjaz special. If that's on the cards, Bolt, I'm in!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Frank

Anyway, back to wanking.

If Dredd had salvaged Inga, complete with Hershey head, and had her refurbished, then they shagged the fuck out of each other whenever Dredd signed-off for personal time, that would be more like wanking, wouldn't it?

The celibacy rule is to prevent personal attachments and the way they compromise integrity, rather than some Proud Boys shite, but none of that applies to pumping your hoover. Feel free to replace the word Inga with Walter when considering this proposition.

Do other readers spend Friday nights dreaming of rattling Metal Mickey?

The Legendary Shark

Maybe the sleep machines have... attachments.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]