Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Legendary Shark

Is the Universe Spinning?

In a study of over 15,000 galaxies by Michael Longo and co-investigators at the University of Michigan, the researchers report that spiral galaxies preferential spin clockwise or counter clockwise depending what hemisphere of the sky they are in.

Looking northward, above the plane of our Milky Way, he found that more than half of the spirals were spinning in a counterclockwise direction in the sky. This overabundance seems small, only seven percent of the total observed galaxy sample. But the odds of it being purely due to chance are a one in a million say the researchers.

If the whole universe is rotating, then an excess number of galaxies on the opposite part of the sky, below the galactic plane, should be whirling in a clockwise direction. And indeed they are according to a separate 1991 survey of 8287 spiral galaxies in the southern galactic hemisphere...

by Ray Villard
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

locustsofdeath!

Frank

Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 May, 2012, 12:53:32 PM
The batglider is here! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-18160632

Whenever I see something like that, part of me wants the guy to end up as pizza. (CLICK

This fucker's got it coming (CLICK) (and CLICK) Looks amazing, though.

Someone please explain to the BBC the difference between a jet pack capable of independent VTOL (as promised by the 1984 Olympic ceremony) and using your body as the fuselage of a fixed wing aircraft.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Frank

judgefloyd

science is also awesome because I can completely study Manx for free over the interweb!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mardroid

The Legendary Shark

They nuked the nest from orbit. It was the only way to be sure.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Ghastly McNasty

New gadget we are selling at work. Radio control plane or helicopter with camera on it. You can view the camera via the hand held transmitter.

Cool video of the plane in action here.

Test heli flight vid here

Also, we are also going to be selling wrap around video glasses so you can view what your aircraft is seeing via a 72 inch virtual screen projection right in front of your eyes. Sweet.

TordelBack

Hurrah, the high window of the girls' changing room is finally in reach!  Alas, it's 30 years too late...