Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Sometime around 733AD, apparently.  Probably a wet Tuesday in January if physical laws are indeed constant across the cosmos.  Damn thing continues to fade as I wait for another dark clear night...

Dandontdare

That's pretty mindboggling. A star explodes - and then you spot it while camping 1,280 years later. Cool.

Frank

"In a survey earlier this year, one-in-11 people - some 9% - told a YouGov poll for the Huffington Post in the US that they would be prepared to have sex with a robot. That works out at over 25 million Americans - which could translate into a lot of robot sales (at $9,000 per fembot) ... The main drawback of this type of robot is that they have a very short battery life - they only last for about 20 minutes.."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23637225

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: sauchie on 26 August, 2013, 08:45:00 PM

"In a survey earlier this year, one-in-11 people - some 9% - told a YouGov poll for the Huffington Post in the US that they would be prepared to have sex with a robot. That works out at over 25 million Americans - which could translate into a lot of robot sales (at $9,000 per fembot) ... The main drawback of this type of robot is that they have a very short battery life - they only last for about 20 minutes.."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23637225

I can imagine a lot of women saying " That's at least 18 minutes longer than my partner".......Present company excepted of course....

Chers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Ancient Otter

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Frank

Samsung unveil watch-phone. Don't get excited; it's basically a less functional Bluetooth headset which costs as much as the android phone you'll need to carry around to make it work anyway.

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

O Lucky Stevie!

Schweet! All we need to do is shove the Indian tectonic plate closer to the equator, redub Sri Lanka as Taprobane, bombard its holiest mountain with butterflies & Sir Arthur C's your uncle.

But why print in LEO where you have lug your construction material up the gravity well instead of somewhere its laying about just for the taking, ie The Moon?

Although why stop at a Moonbase when giant robotic spiders could whip up an Asimov Array instead?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

TordelBack

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 11 September, 2013, 04:04:32 AM
Schweet! All we need to do is shove the Indian tectonic plate closer to the equator, redub Sri Lanka as Taprobane, bombard its holiest mountain with butterflies & Sir Arthur C's your uncle.

It's deeply pathetic but Sri Lanka is my dream holiday destination purely because of Fountains of Paradise.  That's probably equivalent to wanting to visit Ireland because of Darby O'Gill

This fabbing business certainly is getting exciting.  Today chess pieces, tomorrow von Neumann machines!