Main Menu

The Zarjaz, Dogbreath & FQP comics thread

Started by Bolt-01, 25 June, 2016, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

A reminder for folks that the new Zarjaz will be heading to the post office tomorrow for the first delivery run. don't miss out on being among the first to get your hands on the finest fanzine you can find.

flip-r mk2

Zarjaz no 28 has landed safe and sound in Bonnybridge :) that's tonight's comic at bedtime sorted.
Kudos all who have contributed and especially to Bolt :)

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Bolt-01

Glad to know it got to you safely flip-r mk2!

Dandontdare

surprised you haven't been shamelessly pimping this sidebar to COMIOC HEROES' coverage of the 2000ad 40th:

Proudhuff

hey! have ordered a couple of things I've missed, liking the new(?) website  :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Arrived today, oh happy huff!

Thanks for the Dredd profile too  :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

You're welcome Huff.

Let us know what you think of the comics- we've had a very muted response so far.

got another pack going out today, including some older FutureQuake issues- not many left and all available at bargain prices!

[Shameless/]

Lobo Baggins

Got my copy - really enjoyed the Fiends of the Eastern Front tale!

And thanks for the superb Mongrol sketch, Bolt :D!
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Bolt-01

You are more than welcome.

Glad the Fiends tale is going down well- its a whopper!

Art

That sidebar is nice, though I feel a little weird about it implying FutureQuake predates Zarjaz...

Daveycandlish

Still need to order my copy of this latest issue.
Is it me or has the response been smaller to this fine publication this time round?
If something like Zarjaz can't hit the buttons of the local comic reading public here abouts , it doesn't bode well for other small press publications like my Paragon! 😕
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Bolt-01

You aren't wrong Davey- the reaction to the latest issue is a bit baffling. It is a strong issue with a solid lead strip and a corking cover.

However, you just cannot predict what will catch a Squaxx' attention. Other issues with a similar low sales reaction are 23 (Mark Harrison Anderson cover) and 14 (Devlin Waugh cover by Colin MacNeil) but plenty of other issues are selling out with 24 (Dredd by Mike Collins) being the latest to go.

Steven Denton

The cold reception is a little vexing when you put 5 years of very limited free time into drawing the lead strip.

Bolt-01

A little later than usual, and unfortunately there isn't a new Zarjaz or Dogbreath this time but the latest issue of FutureQuake is now available!

FutureQuake is back to brighten the boring, Inspire the indolent and render the jaded jubilant! Within the 100 page issue witness 18 possible futures including the latest instalment of the astounding epic, Idea Space.

100 pages for the incredible price of £6.50 all from The FQP Webshop!

Bolt-01

And now, a little cold pimpery...

A Hundred Hurts Written by Christian Gilbert Art & Letters by Gustaffo Vargas

A Week Written by Alexi Conman Art by Sketchy Magpie Letters by Bolt-01

Don't forget that we have lots of content on the FQP Blog  including the Daily Zarjaz Archives and many of the older issues are now available at greatly reduced prices.