Main Menu

2000AD novels - what am I missing?

Started by Krakajac, 13 May, 2017, 07:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krakajac

Would appreciate the hive-mind's assistance if possible!  :)

Being a completist, it's bugging me not knowing what 2000AD related novels I still need to acquire.  I tried using Barney - but didn't have much luck (maybe I was looking in the wrong place?).  I'm not too concerned about the digital novels - just the ones that have made it to print.  I'm fairly sure my collection is up-to-date, with the exception of the last few years - where I lose track of what's been printed on paper - and what has remained in the digital realm.

Here's what I have...

The 9 x original Virgin novels...

Moving onto the 'Black Flame' ones.  4 x 'Fiends' novels...

9 x Dredd novels...

2 x ABC Warriors novels...

3 x Dante novels...

2 x Caballistics novels...

5 x Strontium Dog novels...

5 x Durham Red novels...

2 x Slaine novels...

3 x Anderson novels...

3 x Rogue Trooper novels...

And finally the Fiefdom novel...

This is where it gets hazy for me...I know I'm missing a few from recent years?  Any ideas?

Krakajac

Found one of the novels I'm missing (in this case, an omnibus).

Collects:  City Fathers, Cold Light of Day, Wear Iron.

Not sure if these three stories were ever published separately - perhaps only in the digital realm?

Krakajac

Actually, I tell a lie - I'd be keen to know the novels/stories that have remained digital as well.

A couple more e-books...

Judge Anderson - Heartbreaker - WORLEY
Judge Anderson - The Abyss - WORLEY

Dredd - Down & Out - SMITH
Dredd - The Righteous Man - CARROLL

Any more missing???

Krakajac

More than I thought!

More ebooks...

Judge Anderson - A Dream of the Nevertime - WORLEY
Judge Anderson - Year One - WORLEY

Strontium Dog - Among the Missing - SMITH

Dredd - The Third Law - CARROLL

Not too many more I hope! :)

Krakajac

The more I dig...

Never heard of this ebook before...not quite sure what it contains?

(found on the rebellionstore.com website)

Eamonn Clarke

From the mind of John Smith to the pages of the Judge Dredd Megazine, eight stories are now together for the first time in this digital collection. From the sublime to the downright disturbing, these stand-alone short stories feature the worlds and characters from some of John Smith's best known series.

The reptillian nun, conceptual artist and cosmic bounty hunter, Tyranny Rex, must survive Demonic forces, Occult organisations and dimension-hopping dream parasites if she wants to keep her tail in tact!

Agents of the interdimensional INDIGO PRIME continue their work repairing (and often even rebooting) universes under threat from catastophic reality-shattering events including New York disappearing due to a mass LSD trip and a powerful Vodoo Priestess resurrecting Elvis Presley by way of Magickal haircuts.

Meanwhile, vampiric Vatican agent, international celebrity and bon vivant, Devlin Waugh, finds himself the target of an obsessed stalker and diabolic entities...

Krakajac

Thanks Eamonn - so I'm assuming it's reprinted material from the Megazine (text only or art/text I wonder?)

Also - thanks for the FCBD issue - it arrived safe and sound. :)

moly

The Anderson heat one book is being published later this year

Krakajac

Excellent - thanks for that, moly. :)

I see (from a quick Amazon search) that Judge Anderson : Year One will collect Heartbreaker, The Abyss & A Dream of the Nevertime.  Good stuff!

sheridan

Favourite thread ever (at the moment, except for that one).

I feel a spreadsheet coming on...

Krakajac

I'll keep throwing more stuff up here - if for no other reason - so I can refer to it later!

From looking at Amazon - it looks like the 'The Third Law' (the Rico book by Carroll) made it to print in March 2017.  Another to look out for.

Also, I see a Judge Dredd: Year Two omnibus is due for print in October 2017 - collecting The Righteous Man, Down & Out - and a third un-named Dredd story by Cavan Scott?

However, looking at the cover above - no mention of Cavan Scott - but Al Ewing?

sheridan

Mentioned upthread, for Year One there were two ebooks published previously, then one more that made its debut in the print collection.  As well as the Year Two book, I'm hoping for something similar with the two Anderson ebooks published so far.

Krakajac

Yep, as moly mentioned above - it looks like the Judge Anderson Year One 'omnibus' will collect all three of Worley's stories.

Interestingly - when you look at all of the e-novels above - there only appears to be ONE story that won't see traditional print at some point - that being the Strontium Dog e-novel, "Among The Missing".

I may be forced to print it out and make a custom copy!  :D

Krakajac

I'll also throw this up.  I've got the original three printed novels, but it might be of interest to someone?  The 'I Am The Law' omnibus...

Collects : Dredd vs Death, Bad Moon Rising and Black Atlantic (the first three Black Flame novels).

Question - I know that the Stallone movie received both a novelisation and a junior novelisation.  Did the 2012 movie get it's own novel? (yep, I know it got an illustrated script)  I can't find anything on eBay - so I'm assuming not?

Krakajac

Re: John Smith's 'Weird Vibes & Other Tales' e-book.  A check on Amazon confirms that it's text-based stories.  The one that they use as a 'Look Inside!' sample (Indigo Prime) is from the 2000AD Yearbook 1993. 

So if it's all reprint material, I'll cross that one off the list. :)