Main Menu

JULY ART COMP - THE WORLDS OF PAT MILLS

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 July, 2017, 12:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Tulio_Vilela

I made this collage for the comp mixing a Mytek (1992 version)  I drew (pencil and pen tablet)and pasteups on Kevin O'Neil drawing and  "King Kong Escapes!" movie poster, but although both (Metalzoic and Mytek) were published in 2000 AD, I know DC Comics owns the rights currently. Anyway, I submiting two versions (newspaper ad and colorful movie poster) to share in the forum.
Escape from Metalzoic: fake newspaper ad

Escape from Metalzoic: colorful movie poster

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Tulio_Vilela on 23 July, 2017, 04:25:15 PMI know DC Comics owns the rights currently. Anyway, I submiting two versions (newspaper ad and colorful movie poster) to share in the forum.

Tulio are these both entries or not?

Woolly

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 26 July, 2017, 07:18:44 PM
Quote from: Tulio_Vilela on 23 July, 2017, 04:25:15 PMI know DC Comics owns the rights currently. Anyway, I submiting two versions (newspaper ad and colorful movie poster) to share in the forum.

Stick 'em both in, but make it one choice... sounds a bit dirty now i've typed it out  :-\

Tulio_Vilela

Yes! Both are entries. Thanks!
Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 26 July, 2017, 07:18:44 PM

Pete Wells

The crossover I've always wanted to see...

Tulio_Vilela

Great one, Pete! "Judge Law versus Marshall Law". One says: "I am the Law!", the other one replies "No! I am the Law!".
Quote from: Pete Wells on 27 July, 2017, 11:36:44 PM

sheridan

Quote from: Tulio_Vilela on 28 July, 2017, 01:32:47 AM
Great one, Pete! "Judge Law versus Marshall Law". One says: "I am the Law!", the other one replies "No! I am the Law!".
Quote from: Pete Wells on 27 July, 2017, 11:36:44 PM

I'd be interested to find out what the cause of conflict is, because, as pointed out, Marshal Law isn't a vigiliante...

Mardroid

If he crossed dimensions, I bet the judges would easily mistake him for one though. (And if he started his heavy handed tactics in the city, he would genuinely BE one...)

Pete Wells

Quote from: Mardroid on 28 July, 2017, 01:38:44 PM
If he crossed dimensions, I bet the judges would easily mistake him for one though. (And if he started his heavy handed tactics in the city, he would genuinely BE one...)

I'd be interested to find out what the cause of conflict is, because, as pointed out, Marshal Law isn't a vigiliante...

Whistling on a Tuesday.

sheridan

Quote from: Pete Wells on 28 July, 2017, 03:36:25 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 28 July, 2017, 01:38:44 PM

Whistling on a Tuesday.

Everybody knows that for rhyming purposes it must be done on a Wednesday.

Leigh S

It is!  The idea being that the stuff in Nemesis's cloak is all 2000AD orientated, and behind him is other stuff - If I had more time and space I'd have stuck in some more Toxic stuff and such!

Quote from: sheridan on 22 July, 2017, 05:53:55 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 21 July, 2017, 11:10:52 PM
Added Finn (everything is better with Finn, - certainly those 90s progs! Also gave Shako a bit of a rework... no more Lucas style meddling from me! 

Is that Mike Fallon, Accident Man on the left, and Charlie Bourne on the right?  Love the Dinosty appearance!

james newell

Bolt-01, your image is missing, you should try and put it back up, if your having trouble with it send it on to me and i will put it up.

Leigh's Comic Rock is totally spot on! Music has always been a theme of Pats stories.

james

SaintofKillers

Awesome entries so far! Love the energy in James' pic above.

Is the deadline tonight or tomorrow night? I'm still colouring mine..