Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

Watched Limitless.

I expected a thriller by numbers type thing, but it was quite good. The opening sequence was very impressive as it zoomed down a long street, through car windows, on and on. I remmeber thinking "this would look great in 3D", and then feeling ashamed of myself.

I'm glad the plot wasn't like the trailer made it out to be, but it does contain annoying semi-spoilers for the film, so if you want to see the film, don't watch the trailer.

klute

Hawk the Slayer and inseminoids  both worth a watch if you like a bit of cheesy cheap budget horror and fantasy
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Richmond Clements

The Girl Who Played With Fire. I haven't read the books but I fucking love these movies.

The Legendary Shark

Eyes Wide Shut. Kubrick may have been a genius, but he didn't half make some weary-arsed films.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

In honour of he who posted above, I watched this today

I think it took 15 minutes, as I fast forwarded through most of it! It was on SYFY (or whatever they call the channel now) and I was waiting for the stage when it went from being so bad that it was good but that stage never arrived  ::)

Keef Monkey

I can't see a film title there, but are you talking about Swamp Shark?! I was channel hopping and landed on it just as it launched through the air and munched someone in one of the greatest displays of awful CG I've seen in a while! Kept popping back to it to try and catch more awesome, but didn't get any.

I was sure I recognized the actress though, and a quick imdb check confirms that Kristy Swanson has fallen on hard times. Sad.

COMMANDO FORCES

That's the one, didn't the amazing movie poster appear!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Cool Hand Luke

I really want a boiled egg now
You may quote me on that.

Richmond Clements

SMOKESCREEN:ED:9

Mork and Mindy, the Bollywood Edit.

(With a Hindi version of Ice Ice Baby to boot.)

Tiplodocus

THE HURT LOCKER

Ooh, there's a bomb but it's OK, I'm a maverick.
<Repeat until any tension is eroded>
Wonder "What was that all about?"

With only one tiny little piece of humour ("I was at a whorehouse") and a nice touch where Renner's character keeps a [spoiler]collection of bomb parts under his bed (I assume in an attempt to understand who the enemy really is because it's not meant to be the people on the streets), [/spoiler] it was good but I don't think I'll watch again.

And top marks for the DVD jacket people showing a cast of Guy Pearce [spoiler](two minutes screen time, half a dozen lines, one of which is "Aaaargh!"), [/spoiler] Evangeline Lily ([spoiler]two minutes screen time, two lines, one of which is "Pass the cereal") [/spoiler] and Ralph Fiennes ([spoiler]two minutes screen time, 5 lines - one of which is "Aaaargh!")[/spoiler]
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Oh and my nephew is working through Lord of the Rings with his dad (Big Al, who says that dogs can't look up).  He gets to the flashback with Elrond and Isildur where Isildur is corrupted by the ring and decides to keep it:

He asks: "Did he not destroy the ring so they had something to do in the other two films?"

The boy knows how Hollywood works.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Mardroid

To be fair the novels did it before Hollywood (although I don't think Isildur went right to Mount Doom with Elrond. He just took the ring for himself there and then, but I guess that's less dramatic).

Last film I watched was and Indian film called 3 Idiots. (Or something like that.)

It was kind of corny in places and the hero worship of Rancho got on my nerves...

... yet I genuinely liked it. It was very funny in places and an all round warm good natured film. It had it's sad* tragic bits but they actually aided the warm stuff rather than pull it down. And yes, I liked the corny dance numbers too.

*I use the word 'sad' in the literal meaning of the word. That goes for all the words that are taken nowadays to mean the opposite, such as 'wicked' (that started when I was a kid), sick (that's a pretty new one) and bad.

TordelBack

Quote from: Mardroid on 19 April, 2011, 01:03:38 AM
That goes for all the words that are taken nowadays to mean the opposite, such as 'wicked' (that started when I was a kid), sick (that's a pretty new one) and bad.

Don't forget gay.  Has any word ever experienced such a transformation of meaning in under a century?  Bright and cheery, to homosexual (derogatory), to homosexual (celebratory) to a general condition of pathetic crapness.

Kerrin

The Eagle, bar the fact that the vocal track kept crapping out at the showing we went to, not bad. It's a fairly small Film 4 production and the main action scenes show that up, lots of shaky camera to hide the fact there only three people on screen. Barring that, the camera work is quite arty but in a nice way. The performances are good, not amazing, but there's no real stinkers. For some reason the Romans all have American accents, even the British actors playing Romans have American accents. So we're treated to Legionaire Mark Strong of the Bronx. Ha ha haa! Jamie Bell is the stand out act but my favourites were the Seal tribe, nice lads but they could do with a wash.