Main Menu

Prog 1499 shocker!

Started by Bad Andy, 31 July, 2006, 03:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

A strip goes onto the outside back cover of the prog!!!

When was the last time that happened?

paulvonscott

Bah, mine never turned up today.  I was interested to see how it turned out.

Wils

Mine hasn't turned up either. A more cynical man might think that Tharg may have developed a problem with the north east...

The Enigmatic Dr X

It had to happen...

Sooner or Later!

(I'm here all week, folks. Try the veal.)
Lock up your spoons!

DavidXBrunt

1853, Prog Minus 6448 I think. The practise was cancelled when Queen Victoria opened her subscription envelope and pulled the magazine out. Rather than seeing the front cover, with it's lovely Beardsley drawn cover Victoria actually saw the last part of the latest Sinister Dexter strip which ended with the revelation of the mystery villains identity.

The Queen was, characteristically, not amused as she'd been awaiting the finale of that strip, always a favourite, and felt that the thrill power quota was affected adversley and took steps to rectify it. Tharg was initially against the idea of royal intervention in the Empires Greatest Comic but the realisation that Henry John Temple was in full agreement with the Queen and an act of parliament was going to force him into a legal corner Tharg made an informal agreement to cease the practice.

The Amstor Computer

Heh! Very old-school - which strip? If it's The Red Seas have they gone the whole hog and printed the back cover in colour? :-)

Dudley

Last part of Button Man II was a back cover job.

Bad Andy

No it's the end of Harry Kipling. There is something very satisfying about seeing a red splodge declaring The End on the back page.

I don't know why they've done this as it could be avoided. There are two house ads face to face inside. I'm kind of surprised they didn't put the Prog 1500 ad on the back page, although it is spectacularly uninspiring.

Looks like a rush job after the last minute pull out of an advertiser to me. Still - there's strip on the back page. Probably not a bad marketing idea.

IndigoPrime

Not got mine either, and I'm in the south-east, not the north.

*sobs*

Buttonman

No Prog in Paisley, although it is a local holiday here. That said my copy of 'Poker Player' did show along with the lady's 'Runners' World'.

Robo-K33F

Our printers messed up.  Unfortunately, they didn't notice their mistake until all the copies were sent out for distribution.

Robo-K33F

ukdane

Prog arrived in DK- so it must be a postal problem in UK.

I agree with Bad Andy about the backpage. Satisfying seeing the end, but surprised the 1500 advert wasn't there.

Recognised  2 of the 3 output letter names; Craig and Ed saying fond farewells to Tom Frame.

I wish Tharg would actually reply to peoples letters, instead of dodging the question. If he did, more people might be inclined to write to him.

Nice cover by Dom R! (see he can do covers, which means the fact he hasn't done more for Cab Inc. boarders on criminal!)

Dredd: not bad filler episode is this one the reason Spur was asking about the sectors?

FS: Another FS from Al(most as hairy as Moore) Ewing. Not bad script, but the artwork seems to have gone a bit odd in my prog- thick outlines, and out-of-focus images ahoy!

Red Seas: Bit of a quick ending I thought, despite the double length. Overall a good ride, but let down at the end. Wonder when it'll be back.

Kipling: The more I read of this, the more I like it.

Overall: well no more reasons for filler, no we've reached 1500! Looking foward to next week, even though I'm back at work then.

Can't recall the name of the 4th new strip, anyone know who the creators are? What's the 5th strip the following week?

This weeks milkshake was Strawberry!
Cheers

-Daney

Buttonman

"This weeks milkshake was Strawberry! "

I hope you aren't using your new found BBC access to watch old 'BOD' episodes! Your time would be much better invested with 'Willo-the-Wisp'.

ukdane

Good God no, we have Bod on DVD!

Actually, having Cbeebies is great for getting Prog reading time.

Does anyone know if the sign they use on "Something Special" is actual sign, or is it specific for teaching children to talk?
Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

Good God no, we have Bod on DVD!

Actually, having Cbeebies is great for getting Prog reading time.
Cheers

-Daney