Main Menu

Prog 1784 - Rex on Fire

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 19 May, 2012, 12:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Great Dredd and Zilk was fantastic.
Bit disappointed elsewhere, but in fairness to Worley's TT, the snapshot of the girl with the monster behind her is as old and unsalvageable from urban folklore as someone looking up and seeing poo sliding down a glass roof, and I think that distracts from an otherwise solidly-plotted strip.  Also Kitsune looks like Professor Genki from Saints Row 3 - opinions may vary if this is a good or bad thing.

Mikey

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 28 May, 2012, 06:57:03 PM
Dredd: fuck me. Dredd's little dialogue about making the same point to the Chief Judge was an extraordinary piece of writing. So much characterisation and information in one speech balloon. That, my friends, is comic book writing.

QFT. I was just thinking this morning how this yarn for me has built up into something rarely felt in many ongoing comic strips - genuine jeopardy. I really can't see what's going to happen but fully believe it will be some bad mojo and no mistake, a real scene shifter. I really like how Wagner has reenforced the Judges role as protectors of MC1 at any cost, including the death by bullet or medication of any citizen for the greater good. They'd expect the same of any Judge too. Wonderful stuff.

And I was nonplussed on the arc to start with!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.