Main Menu

Dredds recent Rejuv

Started by The dude, 01 January, 2017, 11:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I'm afraid that at this point, and probably for several decades now, Dredd's ultimate fate or lack thereof is inextricably linked to the golden eggs the Teks find in his sleep machine each morning.

JLC

Slightly OT but. What about Anderson? How old is she now? She can't rejuv can she being a PSI-Judge?

Steve Green

59 - I'm sure I've seen her DOB been given as 2080.

It would have made her 22 in the first Judge Death story.

JLC

Quote from: Steve Green on 13 August, 2017, 06:58:25 PM
59 - I'm sure I've seen her DOB been given as 2080.

It would have made her 22 in the first Judge Death story.
Thank you x

Steve Green

Apestrife

Even if he got a new set of skin, I still think he looked quite worn in "War buds".

I imagine his aging (just like Anderson's) will move back and forth depending on who's writing and drawing the strip.

Frank

Quote from: Apestrife on 23 August, 2017, 07:35:02 PM
Even if he got a new set of skin, I still think he looked quite worn in "War buds".

I imagine his aging (just like Anderson's) will move back and forth depending on who's writing and drawing the strip.

Carousel (Meg 375) struck me as getting something out of the way, rather than a bold statement of intent. 'You need it explained, here - happy now?'

I assume that was the point of making it just one episode in a comic only a few thousand folk read. It's there for anyone who needs or likes that kind of thing; everyone else can clear their throat and carry on as they were.

Apestrife

Quote from: Frank on 23 August, 2017, 07:55:21 PM
Quote from: Apestrife on 23 August, 2017, 07:35:02 PM

Carousel (Meg 375) struck me as getting something out of the way, rather than a bold statement of intent. 'You need it explained, here - happy now?'

I assume that was the point of making it just one episode in a comic only a few thousand folk read. It's there for anyone who needs or likes that kind of thing; everyone else can clear their throat and carry on as they were.

It's a bit like what Grant Morrison said about who pumps the tyres on the Batmobile :P

sheridan

Quote from: Apestrife on 23 August, 2017, 08:23:36 PM
It's a bit like what Grant Morrison said about who pumps the tyres on the Batmobile :P

No idea what Grant said, so I'll stick with Morgan Freeman...

Apestrife

Quote from: sheridan on 24 August, 2017, 12:11:55 AM
Quote from: Apestrife on 23 August, 2017, 08:23:36 PM

No idea what Grant said, so I'll stick with Morgan Freeman...

He said that it doesnt matter. Since its a comic.

But then, you have a point regarding Freeman  :D

Funt Solo

A little bit of necro-threading, I realize: but I've been away for a while, so I figure I get a pass.  I'm rejuving the thread.  Hurr.

I just have to say that Judge Dredd definitely already had a rejuve job in prog 702, with that beautiful art by Steve Dillon.

Perhaps not the same kind of rejuve job that he had later, but definitely a rejuve job.  "This is no simple rejuve job" indicates that it's a more complex rejuve job.  The fact that he's getting out of the "dermagraf" machine doesn't preclude a more complex procedure than skin-grafting: it only implies what that one machine is doing as part of a larger process.

Of course I'm making assumptions about the writer's intention: but I've always known in my head and in my heart that Judge Dredd got rejuved after Necropolis.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++