Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: J3D1 on 06 November, 2012, 04:03:05 PM
Now where have I seen page 57 from?
Didn't someone from the threeA boards own that?

Can't recall. Gah!

Previously posted on page three of this thread, Paul.  Not popped up on the 3A board (I checked, just for the sake of your sanity).

o1s1n

Ah yeah, I posted a pic of page 57 a good while ago, apologies for any confusion. Just thought I'd put them all in one post together :)

Just for posterity sake, that page also came from the same stall in Canterbury. So all of these pages went from John's dad -> the two sellers I bought them from and that's it.

I dug out my Best of 2000AD from 94 which had the whole story printed in it. Pages 57 and 58 are side by side, kind of made me want to get the two of them framed like that together! :)

Link Prime

A quick question for the users on this thread; as a neo-novice collector of original art / sketches / art prints etc. I was wondering if any of you could recommend a decent folio / folder for holding the art in?
Ebay has resulted in bupkiss.
Would help if the supplier is located in Eire, as postage fees are extortionate these days!
Cheers.

hippynumber1

I frame mine and hang them on the wall so I can see them! Why would you want to hide them away?

J3D1

I got an A1 jobby as I have a habit of buying art without asking the size lol.
Theres some nice fake leather looking ones out there. Spend good money on the wallets as the last thing you want is for the image to transfer. Forget the material now. Ming will know as he was looking into it.

Anyway I got a job lot deal from an ebayer on the outside. I'll try to find out.

Mylar, thats the name of the wallets!

J3D1

Doesn't look like he's trading on ebay no more. Bloody helll it aint half bleak on there for A1 folders ha!

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 09 November, 2012, 01:50:48 PM
I frame mine and hang them on the wall so I can see them! Why would you want to hide them away?

I intend to hang my two favorites!
The missus wouldnt allow any more interfering with her Feng Shui!
Wouldnt be worth the argument...hey, Ive become my Dad  :(

Quote from: J3D1 on 09 November, 2012, 02:00:58 PM
Doesn't look like he's trading on ebay no more. Bloody helll it aint half bleak on there for A1 folders ha!

Thanks anyway man, I'll keep lookin.
I would indeed need A1 / A2 as well.

Simon Fraser

Hello,
I'm not 100% sure if this is the correct place to post this , but it seems the most obvious. My apologies if I erred.
I'll be at the Thoughtbubble festival next weekend, as I'm hoping many of you will. I'll be at table #172 in the New Dock Hall. Come and say hi.
I'll be trying to sell a lot of artwork that I will have brought with me across the Atlantic. Among witch will be 2 Nikolai Dante splash pages and 2 covers. I don't sell many covers or splashes , so this is a bit exceptional. I've been putting them up on my blog, so you can see what's on offer.
http://simonfraser.net

That's it , go about your business.

Simon.

Spikes

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 November, 2012, 01:10:00 PM
A quick question for the users on this thread

I buy my folders from Staples - there not too dear, and are very strudy. They come in all sizes, catering for 2000ad (older) interior page to DPS sizes, but not sure if they have branches over in the Republic?

Why would you want to hide them away?

Hope your slapping plenty of Sun cream on 'em first,  ;)

hippynumber1

Link Prime

Quote from: Judge Jack on 10 November, 2012, 05:53:15 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 09 November, 2012, 01:10:00 PM
A quick question for the users on this thread

I buy my folders from Staples - there not too dear, and are very strudy. They come in all sizes, catering for 2000ad (older) interior page to DPS sizes, but not sure if they have branches over in the Republic?

Why would you want to hide them away?

Hope your slapping plenty of Sun cream on 'em first,  ;)

Just checked- there is indeed a Staples.ie, although I must confess I've never heard of them before.
Will have a browse.
Cheers JJ.

Fatboydale

hmmm might have a dabble at Fraser art......

Fatboydale

Abc Warriors page , first time Hammerstein removes his helmet ...drawn by Simon Bisley .

Fatboydale

oh and a Abc Warriors Deadlock cover by Simon Bisley 2000ad issue 581

Fatboydale

not sure why the picture are not coming up ??