Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Books & Comics / Re: DC Comics Graphic Novel Collection!
« Last post by Smith on Today at 10:44:14 am »
Perhaps, but it's official now that the company is losing millions on its monthly print line despite the fact THEY OWN SUPERMAN AND BATMAN.
Not what the sales numbers say.2017 has been a GREAT year for DC Comics,in almost every way.
Books & Comics / Re: DC Comics Graphic Novel Collection!
« Last post by Smith on Today at 10:41:41 am »
Hush is absolutely terrible and has only two things going for it:
#1 Jim Lee gets to draw all of Batman's villains, and
#2 a decent cliffhanger where it turned out Jason Todd was the baddie behind everything, only it turned out in the next issue this was a fake-out to mess with Batman's head.
The problem with #1 is that if you don't like Jim Lee - and plenty don't - this is not actually something for the plus column, and the problem with #2 is that it's lifted entirely from Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle's Batman run from the early 1990s, which was not an obscure time in Batman's publishing history, it was when he was a cultural phenomenon again after the release of the first Burton film and his comics were selling a million copies each month in North America alone, and were reprinted in multiple territories including the UK.  Even by DC's standards of recycling old glories, that one is pretty shameful as it entailed not reprinting the Grant/Breyfogle run so as not to devalue the impact of what they were then pushing as a significant title in DC's roster, but it's worth noting that once Norm Breyfogle was back in the news for his health problems, they couldn't cash in on that publicity fast enough with a reprint of his stories.
Actually,Hush was almost a remake of Long Halloween.Loab was stealing from himself,really.
Still I like the story,but there are those who dont.
Hush himself got better once Paul Dini took him in.Thats something of a trend.And btw,Dinis run on Detective and Streets of Gotham is awesome,and sadly unappreciated.
General / Re: What happened to Myra Hancock?
« Last post by Molch-R on Today at 10:17:24 am »
Two minutes of your time http://2000ad.com/post/2816 ;)
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 10:09:44 am »
I recall the response to Tao De Moto at the time wasn't exactly positive. I always found it a bit different and quite intriguing. Has it ever been reprinted? Barney suggests the entire run was 55 pages, and then there was an eight-page text story in a winter special. (A Bollard-written and illustrated 'whatever happened' was then in the ’93 special. I don't recall that at all.)

EDIT: Just had a read of the Bollard one – it's a prologue to a new run that never happened.
General / Re: ABC Warriors timeline in light of comments in Fallout
« Last post by Link Prime on Today at 09:57:53 am »
Jeez, I’m too old for comics. I have no recollection of any of that!

Ha, it's something I find happens quite regularly too- I can recall events from most comics I read as a kid or teen in intricate detail, yet a story from say two years ago (especially one that didn't really grab me)- fergettaboutit.
Prog / Re: Prog 2064 - Return of the Mac!
« Last post by Link Prime on Today at 09:48:17 am »
I'm enjoying both of the current runs of Savage and ABC Warriors, but maybe it isn't the best idea to run them at the same time.

Current line-up is working well for me in general, with the exception of the increasingly insane Bad Company (although the Dayglo Droid provides some enjoyment).

Mentioned before, but a perfect line-up would always include a Future Shock / Terror Tale style one-off in my view.
« Last post by norton canes on Today at 09:39:49 am »
Thanks. Hope she's happy and fulfilled.
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection
« Last post by Tomwe on Today at 09:37:11 am »
ABC Warriors: Volume 1
Issue 13
Released: 14/02/2018

Former war-droids created to fight the volgans, the atomic, bacterial and chemical chemical warfare-proof A.B.C. Warriors have been recruited to bring peace to the colony world of Mars. Led by Hammerstein, and comprising Mongrol, Deadlock, Blackblood, Joe Pineapples, Happy Shrapnel and ‘The Mess’, this band of battle-bots must tame the Red Planet, or die trying – spread the word!

My first double-dip is here, but with SMS having provided rescanned artwork for the Black Hole segments its not entirely crazy to be buying!
General / Re: ABC Warriors timeline in light of comments in Fallout
« Last post by IndigoPrime on Today at 09:36:30 am »
Don't worry – it'll probably be ret-conned in a year or two anyway, after another book that inexplicably gets away with 'getting the gang back together' yet again.
Prog / Re: Prog 2064 - Return of the Mac!
« Last post by norton canes on Today at 09:36:27 am »
Afraid to say I skim-read most of this prog, nothing in it is really firing me up. Roll on the next line-up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10