Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The solo Walter stories were particularly weak, but agreed on the Giant story.
I quite enjoyed Wogue Wobots, glad Robot Wars has made it into the collection, although I'm not sure the Walter solo stories were an essential inclusion. I think Giant was my favourite story in this book.
General / Re: Roy of the Rovers making a come back at Rebellion
« Last post by I, Cosh on Today at 07:16:41 pm »
Can't wait for the first post-match bath scene to see what sort of manscaping Mr Willsher has planned for Poor old Roy.
General / Roy of the Rovers making a come back at Rebellion
« Last post by Colin YNWA on Today at 05:51:21 pm »
Well this could be interesting!

http://royoftheroversofficial.com/news/6

Found via Rob Williams Facebook feed.
Film & TV / Re: Ready Player One review
« Last post by Buttonman on Today at 05:49:44 pm »
I thought it was OK. Too long by 40 minutes and a lot of stuff seemed to be shoehorned in for no good reason other than nerd points. The quest plot was rote large and the peril seemed very mild. The ending with a big pitched battle while our heroes tried to save the day was well worn - 'Rogue One', 'Black Panther'...actually every Marvel film.

Nice to look at though and a few chuckles. Good to see Finchy getting a job too!
Prog / Re: Prog 2077: New York State of Mind
« Last post by Frank on Today at 04:41:05 pm »
Frank- I don't get it.

There go my plans for a three-panel gag strip about Iok Sotot for Zarjaz.

General / Re: Space Spinner 2000AD
« Last post by Lobo Baggins on Today at 04:39:44 pm »
And also getting close to the Best Prog Ever... I’m excited to see what you guys make of late 1983!
Which prog is this?

335. Just my opinion, obviously! I’m sure there’s a thread on that somewhere...

Statistically speaking, the prog that had the highest rating on Barney (back when Barney still had ratings!) was prog 324...
« Last post by sheridan on Today at 03:05:25 pm »
And also getting close to the Best Prog Ever... I’m excited to see what you guys make of late 1983!
Which prog is this?

That was the first one where I became a regular reader (can't remember why, but I must have had problems buying the prog where I lived, because it wasn't until 350 until I started getting absolutely every week).

p.s. I doubt that I'd still be reading comics if it wasn't for Nemesis Book III - the fact that Sláine was also running didn't harm matters.
« Last post by sheridan on Today at 03:04:15 pm »
Which prog is this?

That was the first one where I became a regular reader (can't remember why, but I must have had problems buying the prog where I lived, because it wasn't until 350 until I started getting absolutely every week).
General / Re: Mega City Book Club - a new podcast about 2000AD books
« Last post by sheridan on Today at 02:44:23 pm »
I'm not sure if it's complete, but there's a listing of his appearances on Barney. http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&choice=OTTO
Thanks - looks like there was nothing between Get Smart and Citizen Sump - guess all those billboard adverts in backgrounds made him seem more present than he actually was!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10