Started by Taryn Tailz, 16 April, 2017, 01:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

sheridan

Quote from: Modern Panther on 27 May, 2017, 09:05:17 AM
I certainly hope there are less priests in tonight's episode.  It's not that I have anything against priests, it's just that the show was better without priests.  I'm worried about the pro-priest agenda being promoted by the bbc, which is clearly an attempt at brainwashing our children.  I mean, there were hardly any priests in older shows, and I didn't have any issue with that.  Priest on tv are okay, but do we really need as many of them in family shows?

But the priests there were were significant...

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Modern Panther on 27 May, 2017, 09:05:17 AM
I certainly hope there are less priests in tonight's episode.  It's not that I have anything against priests, it's just that the show was better without priests.  I'm worried about the pro-priest agenda being promoted by the bbc, which is clearly an attempt at brainwashing our children.  I mean, there were hardly any priests in older shows, and I didn't have any issue with that.  Priest on tv are okay, but do we really need as many of them in family shows?

But what about the blind agenda? They've even turned the Doctor into one of them blind people now. I've no problem with differently abled people existing but must they be shoved down our throats in this way?
:P

TordelBack

You chaps make all the open-mouthed horror* almost worthwhile! :lol:

*Inevitable consequence of having things shoved down your throat.

Hawkmumbler

Considering the state of my relationships I woildn't mind someone forcing something gay down my throat...

M.I.K.

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 27 May, 2017, 08:43:29 AM
I will say this much though, has there ever been ANY actual sex in Doctor Who, homo or otherwise (Torchwood doesn't count), that would give creeps something to be irate about? The only three examples I can recall are THAT photo of Katty Manning, the woeful final scene in Dying Days, and BBV's Zygon movie. So....nothing, really...

There was that incident with Ms. Grant's coccyx.

Andy Lambert

Oh that was a belter of an episode! Proper enjoyed that - possibly the best of this series so far..!

Modern Panther

C'mon Dougie...you had one job to do, man!  The hazmat suit and airlock doors are there for a reason!  I'm tired of this pro-incompetent scientist agenda being foisted upon us by the BBC.  This isn't why I pay my licence fee.

Taryn Tailz

They're bloody pushing the midget agenda now. :P

BPP

That was total bobbins.

Been a pretty great series until (except the assistant - rotten) but that was (1) cheap (let's all look at them looking at a special effect) (2) badly written (all the armies giving up based on a computer simulation and some watch tricks) and undercuts its own tension - let's face it if they can alter the Doctors physiology from a distance he's zero threat to them.

Still at least the 'next week' looked all V for Vendetta-ish fun.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 27 May, 2017, 08:43:29 AM.... BBV's Zygon movie....
#

Why have I never heard of this? Just googled it and now I want a copy so much - any tips as it dioesn't seem to be on sale anywhere?

I thought this was a cracking episode - although how he foolled anyone with that really obvious "pretending not to be blind" schtick - even Donald Pleasance did a better job than that!

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 May, 2017, 10:37:02 PM
#

Why have I never heard of this? Just googled it and now I want a copy so much - any tips as it dioesn't seem to be on sale anywhere?

I thought this was a cracking episode - although how he foolled anyone with that really obvious "pretending not to be blind" schtick - even Donald Pleasance did a better job than that!

Well, my tip would be...don't. It's absolutely cringe-inducingly awful, complete with some of the most laughable attempts at sex scenes ever put to film (with jazzy bass soundtrack, no less).
But, if you really want to suffer through it, I'm pretty sure there's a full version of the film up on DailyMotion.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 May, 2017, 10:37:02 PM
#

Why have I never heard of this? Just googled it and now I want a copy so much - any tips as it dioesn't seem to be on sale anywhere?!

You can get it through amazon market place new for £10 dirctly from BBV, I wouldn't recomend it though, it's pretty pap, especially compared to the other direct-to-video spin-offs from the era, like Downtime.

Dandontdare

I know, I know, but I'm liike the nazis at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark - I have to look, even if it's going to melt my face off.

Hawkmumbler

Well if you feel utterly compelled....it's on DM, as Cow pointed out.

Better Who spin-offs from that period to exist, mostly from Reeltime. Wartime, Downtime, Mindgames, Daemos Rising, all of which feel like precursors to the Big Finish line.