Main Menu

Prog 2074:Psiren Song

Started by Tjm86, 24 March, 2018, 12:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Yeah,  Cal was head of the SJS, and Slocum his chief brainwashed toady (and eventually Dredd's double-agent) in what was essentially an SJS coup. His specific fate is down to Cal's desire for the perfect and unchanging (wrinkle-free) judge and city.  It's as good a cautionary example for the SJS as you can think of (encompassing both the need for internal oversight, and the dangers of excessive power and perfectionism)  and one of the best details in a truly gorgeous two-parter.

Link Prime

Just catching up on a few weeks worth of Progs, and I must say, this was the strongest one I've read in ages.

This all too brief Dredd story was simply top shelf stuff. The non-eye contact between Joe and Gerhart as he took the Long Walk was just Wagnerian.
Artwork in the entire Prog was second to none, just losing half a point from a perfect 10 for the coloring in Anderson. I'd have much preferred some monochrome Roach.

I've always had a bit of a bee in my bonnet with Strontium Dog since Johnny's resurrection (was never on board with it to be honest), but this was the first episode that softened my black Max Bubba heart. Brilliant stuff.

All wrapped in a great cover by talented forumite Mimikeke- looking forward to seeing more of her work.

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 March, 2018, 12:30:06 PMwho's Sam btw?

Judge Sam, from Williams' Enceladus arc (and follow-up story with the cloaking device ninjas).

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 16 April, 2018, 02:28:45 PM
All wrapped in a great cover by talented forumite Mimikeke- looking forward to seeing more of her work.

Somehow missed that entirely.  Wow, great achievement!  :thumbsup: