Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Cheers for keeping us up to date Ming, I'm sure there are lots of very appreciate folk here!

ThryllSeekyr

Could we have a full size photo of him please? :P :P :P

badvoc

Hi all, new member, I just found out about these and I only want to know one thing!

Will there be a Nort?

COMMANDO FORCES

ming

Quote from: badvoc on 12 April, 2010, 03:47:47 PM
Hi all, new member, I just found out about these and I only want to know one thing!

Will there be a Nort?

No details of what will be appearing (or when) but assuming Rogue gets made, a Nort or three will probably get thrown into the mix.  I hope so, anyway.  The Traitor General, Bland & Brass, Sister Sledge, Venus Bluegenes... a lot of cool options.

Anyway, first up is Tharg (deservedly so - what would the Galaxy's Greatest be without him?) then as far as we know it will be Mongrol (with The Mess).  After that - anybody's guess.  Hammerstein, the Gronk..?  Who knows?  Any info that emerges, I'll post here, as always :)

ThryllSeekyr

Pardon me if my earlier question sounds in apppropiate.

Are there no photo of the figure other than what we have seen so far.

No advertisments, no blurb.

No packaging.

As I recall the adverts for that new Judge Dredd....

.....figure a few years back or is it too early to ask for this.

Mardroid

It's still a bit early for that ThryllSeekyr. I get the impression from Ming's comments we'll see something soon though.

To be honest I'm more interested in Mongrol as a figure, but I'm certainly interested in any pics that come this way.

Teivion

Tank Girl Figures are also being released by Ashley, which I wasnt aware of until Rufus told me !

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: Teivion on 15 April, 2010, 09:26:14 AM
Tank Girl Figures are also being released by Ashley, which I wasnt aware of until Rufus told me !

They should look cool. Are they doing a tank as well?

Buddy

Remote controlled tank!

Please.

A.B.C. Warriors is a must, I just hope they are fairly priced and not billed as 'collectors items' and priced at 50 quid each!

COMMANDO FORCES

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

ming

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 13 April, 2010, 11:16:06 AM
Pardon me if my earlier question sounds in apppropiate.

Are there no photo of the figure other than what we have seen so far.

No advertisments, no blurb.

No packaging.

Ashley Wood and 3A tend not to release more than occasional teasers prior to a figure coming up for sale; we've seen the teaser for Tharg (and the teaser adverts) and that's it.  There will be more pics leading into a sale, soon, as far as I know.  Maybe this week or next.  Very soon, anyway.

As the sales themselves will be pre-orders, don't expect to see shots of packaging or even the finished article in all cases - sometimes decals, etc. are yet to be added - you generally *will* have a pretty good idea how things will look, and I can tell you that unless you've seen other 3A toys in person, you're in for a shock at how good these things are.  They will be so far removed from any previous 2000AD toys it will make your head spin.

As for price and availability, I've posted a few times about this before.  These are 'special' toys inasmuch as they're not tat, not mass produced, and not being done with profit as the main incentive.  Ash loves 2000AD and he's making these for himself as much as anyone else.  Until the releases begin, we won't know the 'limited' nature of these but I'll predict that a 'regular' version of most of the toys will be made as widely available as possible.  In addition, in some cases we'll probably see variant versions that may be harder to get, but (in other 3A lines, at least) the 'regular' versions are the ones that Ash considers the best.

Please look back for my earlier post dealing with price speculation*.  Keep in mind that these things are 1/6 scale and if in any doubt about how cool 3A stuff is, do some Googling.  Anyway, hopefully when stuff starts landing, people will be very happy with what they see.  Personally, I can't wait for Tharg, Mongrol, Hammerstein, The Gronk, Apocalypse War Dredd...

* I've also posted about Bambaland and how 3A sales are handled.  If you want Tharg or any of the later releases, get familiar and registered with http://www.bambalandstore.com/ and make sure you have a PayPal account.  Any questions about any 3A stuff, feel free to pm me and I'll help if I can.

ming

Quote from: Teivion on 15 April, 2010, 09:26:14 AM

Heh, this is great, eh?  Rufus is doing the designs, and I'm sure they'll be fantastic.  If any news on these trickles down I can post it up here or in another thread if that's more appropriate.  Good ol' Ruf!

JOE SOAP

Ezquerra Dredd is the only way to go for Dredd.