Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

And the collected version comes out in November:

Judge Dredd - False Witness - Paperback, 96 pages, 17th November 2020

Justice Academy drop-out Mathias Lincoln always survived by sub-legal means, but after uncovering a vast conspiracy, he finds himself pursued by legendary lawman Judge Dredd!

Get ready for a street level look at justice in Mega-City One as one person fights to expose the darkest secrets of the rich and powerful in a thrilling mystery set against a backdrop of media manipulation and social unrest.

While on a job for a rich client, Justice Academy drop-out and professional fixer Mathias Lincoln makes a horrific discovery -- children are disappearing, and the conspiracy stretches from the wastes of the Cursed Earth all the way to the halls of power in Mega-City One.

Things get even worse for Mathias when he's framed for the brutal murder of a controversial media personality whose bombastic rhetoric had made him one of the most powerful--and feared--voices in the city. Now the most wanted man in the Big Meg, Mathias has to fight to clear his name and expose those responsible for taking the Cursed Earth children before he gets a death sentence from Mega-City One's zero-tolerance lawman -- JUDGE DREDD.

Written by Eisner-nominated, Glyph Award-winning writer of comics and TV Brandon Easton (Star Trek: Year Five, Transformers, Agent Carter) with superstar artist Kei Zama (Death's Head, Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye) making her Judge Dredd debut!

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

I, Cosh

What's all this then?

Quote from: June PreviewsA brand-new line-up of stories start in Prog 2184, the ideal point to jump onboard
- the apocalypse is approaching and Judge Dredd is offered aid from an unexpected quarter in 'End of Days'
- teenage bounty hunter Tee and her gran are back in the deep-space adventure 'Full Tilt Boogie'
- the shadow-agents are hunting down members of The Order in 'Land of the Free'
- the oddball cop caper 'Nakka of the S.T.A.R.S'
- Celtic warrior Slaine returns for the first book of the 'Dragontamer' saga, 'The Web of Weird'!
We never really die.

Richard

dweezil2

Quote from: I, Cosh on 26 March, 2020, 03:33:20 PM
What's all this then?

Quote from: June PreviewsA brand-new line-up of stories start in Prog 2184, the ideal point to jump onboard
- the apocalypse is approaching and Judge Dredd is offered aid from an unexpected quarter in 'End of Days'
- teenage bounty hunter Tee and her gran are back in the deep-space adventure 'Full Tilt Boogie'
- the shadow-agents are hunting down members of The Order in 'Land of the Free'
- the oddball cop caper 'Nakka of the S.T.A.R.S'
- Celtic warrior Slaine returns for the first book of the 'Dragontamer' saga, 'The Web of Weird'!

Pretty sure Nakka of the S.T.A.R.S is Brendan McCarthy's new strip.  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

Oh good stuff The Order is back, Full Tilt Boogie gets a run out at last and a mystery thrill. Colour me excited.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Mine arrived yesterday. It looks fab.

broodblik

The cover for the sci-fi special 2020 by Jock:

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 07 April, 2020, 04:06:47 PM
Preview of the Cor/Buster Easter Special 2020:

http://www.comicon.com/2020/04/07/preview-a-little-laughter-in-a-trying-time-with-cor-buster-easter-special-2020/

The boy child lapped it up. I'll read it at some point, but its worked for its intended audience that's all that really matters.

Oh and Dredd looming over Oxford (I assume) is both weird and wonderful!

broodblik

From Jock's twitter feed for the sci-fi special:

broodblik

Quote from: broodblik on 18 February, 2020, 02:12:19 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 24 January, 2020, 12:57:42 PM
April's solicitations:

https://2000ad.com/news/whats-coming-from-rebellions-comics-imprints-this-april/

I see that Chimpksy will make a return in a five part story (by Niemand and PJ Holden). Chimpksy was one off the best one-off Dredd stories the last few years (prog 2131). Looking forward to this 

Chimpsky is making his return in prog 2178 next week. Looking forward to this

broodblik

Art by Chris Weston for House of Dolman in the Smash 2020 Special:

broodblik

The cover for the Misty and Scream Special 2020 (art by Andrea Bulgarelli):