Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid - QUARTERS - Ron Smith or Alan Davis

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 January, 2021, 06:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Word for this vote - HARD

This time round rather than try to express the difficulty of each vote will be as ad nauseum I'll just add a different synonym for difficult at the start of each vote in the Quarter Finals and you can make your own sentence from that.

Two artists with classic clean lines here - but whose work do you prefer?

Ron Smith - more info

OR

Alan Davis - more info

Alas we have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to the Semi Finals, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Thursday 28th January

What the hell is all this? Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys and Quarter Finals

Who made the 32 in both tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Sean SD

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Ron Smith, for so many classic Dredd, including the Daily Star strips.

rogue69

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Magnetica

I did love Alan Davis's art on Harry 20 and especially DR and Quinch, but Ron Smith is an absolute legend and easily gets my vote. His rendition of the craziness of Mega City One is unsurpassed.

IndigoPrime

Huey2

Link Prime

Bolt-01

AlexF

Davis is something special but it's hard to beat the combo of sheer numbers from Smith, + the amount of weirdness he brought to the world of Dredd, with his Uglies and Crime bosses and just generally dynamism.