Main Menu

Elite could be returning to a PC near you.

Started by Albion, 06 November, 2012, 07:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Been playing this on and off since I got it and here is one of the more interesting videos I made.....

Landing the Viper

ThryllSeekyr

This ones a proper landing.....

Landing on a Planetary Base.

It's not what I'd call one of my best landings.

Riding the SRV SCARAB

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

I've been offered a free model of either the....

Viper MkIII

Anaconda

Cobra MKIII

They're offering this for free, even though I asked for refund and I do recall that the models that were promised originally cost about 1000 of my Australian dollars and I do recall my refund was short lived. (I spent it faster than I realised and actually needed it for party I thought I would have been throwing last year. I was also spending it on other stuff, costume supplies, junk food, going to the movies, and it was when I was about buy myself another movie camera, that I found I didn't have enough left in the bank and suspected foul play from the Army Surplus store I had visited just before the one I was trying to purchase the camera in. You really have to be careful with bank/credit/debit Mastercards these days. Even the store will use their hi-tech card readers to fleece you if  they can get away with it. I do carry all my cards in one of those special lead lined carry cases. Yet, the cards is vunerable when I have to use it and that when I think the tech thieves pounce with out my even knowing I was robbed. That's why I hate buying stuff when I'm surrounded by lots of customers and then the is the possibility that store itself are the ones doing the ripping off. These days, I feel safer carrying large wads of cash after carefully making a with drawl from one of those hole in the wall banks or the bank self. I also carry something heavy or sharp in case anybody want to roll me the old fashioned way.) 

Anyway, these are only 99 dollars Australian. So, I can only imagine how good the more expensive models might have been. They also come in two sizes, based on their longest side.

Viper Mk3 - 3" or 5"

Anaconda - 5" or 8.5"

Cobra Mk3 - 4" or 7"

I know I should gone for the great Anaconda based on it's size, but opted for the Cobra Mk3 out of it's familiarity. It was the first ship & the best one I currently fly in the new game. I went for bigger, because why not. They're offering me this one for free.

Now where my enlargement ray?

ThryllSeekyr

Meant to share this earlier. Because it was on Friday that I got my model ship and you can tell it came out of a 3D printer. It's got this powdery texture that I'm not altogether sure might eventually crumble into dust one future day. I'm not even sure if it might hold against snapping if I applied pressure to the thing while holding it in both hands.

Sorry no photos yet. Still haven't figured out how to...maybe I can do that through Facebook later.

ThryllSeekyr

Some times Facebook can be very accomadating.....

[

BTW that was a nightmare to put up those photos. At one stage I had three pairs of one picture up at the same time. Even after what I thought was careful selection of the photos I took.

ThryllSeekyr

Finally got Elite Dangerous - Horizons with the Engineers Beta 2. Something installed after not playing the game at all for about 2 months, I think. I believe, I've only had one game of it since I moved house.

It's been mixture of spotty internet & problems with the login that has kept me from playing this game. I'm sure I spent the last month fuming over constant invalid logins attempts, refusals to be connected with the game server, timed out updates that would not complete, and the age old Xinput error which now has a fix built into the game launcher.

The real problem is that this game is so online dependant. Even if your playing it alone in a universe filled
only with the game sown A.I.

So, I finally manage to reinstall the game and update it with the new Engineers Beta 2.something (This is no joke, but I can't bother looking up the exact number right now. Just let me know if you want that last numeral.) which promises a new faction Engineers who will upgrade you ship any way you want
to more significant level of detail (I believe that may be true, but have still yet to see any proof of this!)

All I know is that mission givers are no longer faceless. There is a character portrait of them right there on the screen as you accept or decline there request. The screen it self is also different. It just looks better designed and set out like fancy website page. You should all know about those.

The ship Outfitting section had also been improved with actual stylised iconic art work for each type of weapon, module inside and out. The page for browsing any ship part you want to install almost takes up most of the screen now (Like the new mission & contract pages!) with each aspect of the new ship part represented by Red (Bad) or Blue (Very Good!) Orange (Neutral!) circle (Just a outline!) with a number or percentage indicating it's effectiveness with in the circle. This makes it much simpler to replace or swap parts to improve the effectiveness of your craft. (I know, have down graded my ship by accident a few times & may have done so again. It's still pain to compare colours & numbers & may have down graded my Viper Mark Three again.

Before I started recording my games again, I took my Viper out for a run (Away from station's orbit!) into (Supercruise) in the local system space & found a other subtle difference. When targeting a Unidentified Signal. You will also be informed if it's a threat & the level of threat or the number of hostiles in that zone. Not sure if this might be because of my Discovery Scanner or the Kill Warrant version....but sure nifty.

Not that I noticed, before...but the station voice-over or parking authority sounds better. It's male voice that really sounds like he works for NASA (American sounding!) and most unlike the shopping styled voices that were being used previously. Not that I have a problem with those, but this one is way better. it just sound more genuine. Although, it's the same voice within the two different star systems I flew around in now. I'm not so sure about that....

Some interesting videos that are not mine....

A few good Truckers (Might have been
voiced by somebody who can do a Dennis Hopper voice if you recall a old Sci-Fi spoof he was famous for!), but no it isn't actually. Just keep watching them, I only watch the first. Thee may be few of them.

It was advertised on this video by Obsidian Ant which I found very informative....

With promises of Multi-Crews-Ships, Custom-Pilot-Avatars, & Damage-Ship-Models, Ship-Shipping & Module-Storage ( For whatever reason...)

I really hate it when I get cut out of the game loop almost as much as I hate getting cut out of the loop of life.