Main Menu

You be the Judge! Full Judge Dredd costumes from 2000 AD and Planet Replicas

Started by Molch-R, 04 August, 2011, 12:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

That'll be pretty much why it's cheaper. Economies of scale and it being a lot of vacform in the first place.

vzzbux

Alas rhw missus has laid down the law. Don't you fucking dare or something along those lines. Back to the drawing board for chrismas then.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: James Stacey on 29 November, 2011, 09:32:54 AM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 29 November, 2011, 03:08:46 AM
We'll have to wait and see how many they sell. All you have to look at is how many bods are Stormtroopers and Batman at cons and such events to see people pay a decent amount of cash for such outfits.
A stormtrooper costume is around a third of the price though and star wars fandom is far greater :)
Kudos to Planet Replicas for the job they have done though. One day if I have the money I'll hopefully get some components.

Yep, the fact that Star Wars (or even Marvel and DC characters) have such a huge fan base is very relevant and the numbers help to bring prices down on those costumes (plus pretty much all those costumes are NOT official).

When the first 'screen accurate' Stormtroopers first came out they could cost about £2K, which is pretty pricey considering they're pretty much all vac formed plastic and quite easy to mass produce.

It can still cost you £1000.00 for a screen accurate one. Mine's a cheap one (known as FX) which cost around £700.00 to put together.

For the number of separate components in the Judge costume, a better comparison is something like a Boba Fett costume and a good one of those will set you back £2500.00. The same goes for some of the better Batman or Iron Man type costumes.

But as you say there are a lot more people wanting those, though there are plenty of costumers with that kind of cash who are Dredd fans. Most costume groups I'm in have at least two or three people planning of get their 'Judge on.'

It would be very cool to see a squad of Judges at a convention.

davethomson

I couldn't help noticing that Slaine gets a mention on the Planet Replicas licenses page. Please tell me that we will be seeing a Slaine costume for sale! I will buy one in a heartbeat, especially if it comes with a ruddy great axe!

And yes, I would dress up in Slaine garb for the sole purpose of harassing a drunken Simon Bisley at conventions. :D
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

TordelBack

Quote from: davethomson on 29 November, 2011, 12:00:04 PM
And yes, I would dress up in Slaine garb for the sole purpose of harassing a drunken Simon Bisley at conventions. :D

Ha!  Alas, I'd probably have to go for the Roth Bellyshaker variant these days...

Steven Sterlacchini

I think one of these would be a must for a Slaine or Rogue Trooper cossy!

COMMANDO FORCES

Here are a few pics to help you compare the Planet Replicas helment and Termights helmet.
The PR is on the left and as I have said earlier they are both excellent but PR just nudges it. Also if you wanted a Termight helmet I think Wake may have sold out but I'm sure that he can answer that.

By the way in the third pic its just a piece of paper rising up that obscures a tiny piece of the red base of the PR helmet, before anyone asks. Unlike Steve Green my camera skills are basic and I ain't going back to take another pic.

Any questions then ask gronk guy as he bought the 'second' uniform  ;)

TordelBack

What a world we live in that two such things of beauty should exist side by side!

Steve Green

Quote from: davethomson on 29 November, 2011, 12:00:04 PM
I couldn't help noticing that Slaine gets a mention on the Planet Replicas licenses page. Please tell me that we will be seeing a Slaine costume for sale! I will buy one in a heartbeat, especially if it comes with a ruddy great axe!

Especially if you could rig up black goo to shoot out the top of your head...

Wouldn't a Slaine costume just be a bit of cloth and a tub of woad?

Steve Green

davethomson

Quote from: Steve Green on 29 November, 2011, 12:59:50 PM
Especially if you could rig up black goo to shoot out the top of your head...

Wouldn't a Slaine costume just be a bit of cloth and a tub of woad?

I think a simple Slaine costume would be good for us poorer fans of 2000AD who want to dress up. There could be loads of us at a con dressed up as Slaine, we could dress up a child like Ukko and chase him around the town to promote the convention (or just fulfill our Slaine related fantasies). Later on we could collectively gang up on the Biz and shoot our black goo over him until he agrees to do some more painted Slaine.*

Planet Replicas! Make it so!

*Disclaimer - I really love Biz's painted Slaine and would be willing to go to such lengths to make him do more.
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

James Stacey

Dash Decent

Quote from: Steve Green on 28 November, 2011, 04:23:38 PM
@dash - seemed to be still on a secure site when I got to the Paypal page?

I went into the shop as soon as it opened and the screen for entering credit card details was part of the site, not a shunt into Paypal, and I couldn't see it was secure.  However, everything on the site is an https address so should be okay.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

PlanetReplicas

Hi Dash Decent,

Thanks for mentioning this.

Following feedback from our initial customers and discussing this with our Web site hosts we have decided to streamline the payment process for our customers to make things like currency conversions more visible and immediate.

So, we have now decided to only use PayPal to handle all site payments- so you can use either a Paypal account or make a one off payment via Credit Card, with PayPal acting as the secure site for the transaction.

I hope this helps, and thanks for all the great feedback so far !

www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

SuperSurfer

Interesting comparison CF. I saw the Termight version at Kapow! and it looked bloody good so the Planet Replicas one must be amazing.

So do the following full uniforms exist:
• Planet Replicas
• Termight
• Judge Minty

And I wonder what happened to this one (the all gold look including buckle is my preferred colour scheme):

Wonder if Steve Cook can let us know.