Main Menu

Hullo from a lapsed reader

Started by johnjowens, 03 April, 2012, 10:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnjowens

Hi folks,

Call me John. It's been a while since I have read any of the 2000AD titles, until recently.

I bought a few books, one of them was The Simpering Detective. I loved the bar my story lines and it was my kind of reading. It did reignite my interest in 2000ad. When I first started reading 2000ad, my favourite characters were Judge Dredd, Sam Slade Robo Hunter and Chopper. I must have been about 10 or 11 (1989). I used to draw Judge Dredd based on one of the annual books.

So I have got a lot of catching up to do! Btw, I have met some of you at Hi Ex. It was great fun talking to you.  :D

If you've got any questions, fire away! :D

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Trout

Hello, John! It was good to meet you in Inverness and I hope you enjoy the board.

O Lucky Stevie!

G'day sport!

Quote from: Pulger on 04 April, 2012, 12:59:22 AM
Hello, John! It was good to meet you in Inverness and I hope you enjoy the board.

Was that when John told to,"That's naw kilt -- that's a dress yon big lassie!"
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Well cool seem to be a spate of lapsed readers returning at the moment, which is a very good thing.

Welcome aboard, have fun and enjoy catching up.

COMMANDO FORCES

Welcome aboard John, you finally got here ;)

I'm surprised that we didn't scare you off completely after Inverness, especially that Pete Wells and his weird habits!

davethomson

I'll add my welcome too, John!

Great to meet you at Hi-Ex and I hope you have a great time on the board!
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Welcome to the Board, John. Good to see you made it here safely. 

johnjowens

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

@Stevie funnily enough, that's what I said!

@Colin, yep, I got a few 2000ad gn books with me. They are Chopper, Sinister Dexter, Stone Island, Nikolai Dante and The Simpering Detective. Got my Chopper signed by Colin MacNeil in SILVER! (Does that increase in value?) ;)

@Dave, you too! I was impressed with artistic skills especially that man with buc

@GoGavin, od to meet you, too. , Gavin.

@Commando, I wasn't scared off. In fact, I thought I was the weird one. Thought Pete posing for photos around the table was daft. You should do a panoramic of those photos! And what's this about blocking and £10? I know Gavin Leah is somewhat responsible for making Pete crestfallen. In fact, I noticed how Proudfoot mentioned £10 and Pete threatened to throw a pint (all in jest, of course! Or was it? ) ;)

Bat King

I'm hoping we find out all that, and more, in the Hell Trek Graphic Novel.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Aonghus

Fáilte and welcome and all that jazz! :D

johnjowens

Gah!

Sorry, Gavin, I screwed up my message. I was using my tablet when hell broke loose and it was sent forward.

:)

Cheers, Aonghus.

Bat King, who should draw the Hell Trek Gn?

Bat King

Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dandontdare

Hi John, it was good to meet you, hope you stick around!

klute

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.