vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Colin YNWA

Damn I love Jim Baike's art, that is bloody lovely and while its very expensive I'd say worth every penny (that I don't have alas). Just wonderful.

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 28 August, 2012, 10:03:10 PM
Damn I love Jim Baike's art, that is bloody lovely and while its very expensive I'd say worth every penny (that I don't have alas). Just wonderful.

That Jim Baikie cover was bought a week or two back from CAF for a lot less than it's now being resold for on eBay... Just business I know, but still grates a bit.

Fatboydale

Quote from: ming on 29 August, 2012, 06:10:59 AM

That Jim Baikie cover was bought a week or two back from CAF for a lot less than it's now being resold for on eBay... Just business I know, but still grates a bit.

To be fair , I have bought artwork and have made a loss and also made a profit ,so please don't judge Darryl too badly ,Darryl has been selling 2000ad artwork for 20 + years and without him , there may have not been such a collectors market ,  Jim Baikie cover only grates because i did'nt see it first ....it must Grate more for artists who in the early days saw very little profit .... these days most artists know the score ...

Colin YNWA

On a slight point of pedantry we should probably stop calling it a cover, as the blurb points out (the listing blurb, not the headline blurb) its actually a star scan not the cover.. which is on the back cover... so it is a cover... just not THE cover... oh I'll shut up now!

ming

Quote from: Fatboydale on 29 August, 2012, 02:05:42 PM
Quote from: ming on 29 August, 2012, 06:10:59 AM

To be fair , I have bought artwork and have made a loss and also made a profit ,so please don't judge Darryl too badly ,Darryl has been selling 2000ad artwork for 20 + years and without him , there may have not been such a collectors market ,  Jim Baikie cover only grates because i did'nt see it first ....it must Grate more for artists who in the early days saw very little profit .... these days most artists know the score ...

It's just the speed with which it was put up on eBay, really.  I saw it on CAF (along with that McMahon Titan cover - a corker) and it was in the eBay listing about a week later... Still, no big deal, really, and I certainly don't have any problem with Darryl.

As you say, the main (and mainly historical, I hope) issue is with creators getting peanuts and no rights to their work.  Non-return (or theft) of art must still be a bit of a sore point, I imagine.

Large48

Ah, the difference between a dealer and a collector........................

Perhaps I should start watching CAF a bit more, i.e. start!

:)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

James

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 August, 2012, 02:57:49 AM
Some officially licensed Dredd t-shirts. Don't really like the big-print look meself.

Ordered one of these to cheer myself up.

Dandontdare

I love the fact that he makes big deal that it's signed - but doesn't say who by (by whom?)

Spikes

Large48

Good old Ian Senior.  :)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]