Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 04 December, 2012, 03:03:29 PM
I'd imagine it'd be for junior radio times or look-in or something like that.  They are lovely pages and still much cheapness.

Look-in would have been my first guess, as Arthur did much work for that mag.
But just been browsing a decent site dedicated to Look-in, that features an indepth interview with him looking back at his time there, and no mention of this strip what-so-ever.

Spikes

No Linky as its now sold (£399.00) but somebody snagged a right bargain, and a lovely bit o' 2000ad history.
A Flesh page from Prog 2.

Colin YNWA

Wow that is a lovely page. Well out of the range I'd be able to justify but if I was a richer man a first series Flesh page would be right up my street. That must surely be one of the best non dino pages there is. That bottom panel is burnt into my memory.

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Colin YNWA

Bloomin' heck where are all these bloody lovely Flesh pages coming from????

Greg M.

Wow, that's awfully tempting...

hippynumber1

Trust me, I'd have had that baby if I hadn't bought his Harlem Heroes page from Prog 1 the day before!   ;)

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 06 December, 2012, 08:26:58 PM
Trust me, I'd have had that baby if I hadn't bought his Harlem Heroes page from Prog 1 the day before!   ;)

A page from Prog One? That gotta be the ultimate. Ill look forward to seeing that when it lands. :thumbsup:

And boy oh boy, those Flesh pages are just beyond words, and ridiculously cheap for what they represent. Once theyve gone itll be a good long while before summat similar pops up. Most of these will have been hidden away for a good twenty years or so..

Or is this the start of the great art sell off?

Skullmo

Those are some lovely pages!

It's a joke. I was joking.

o1s1n

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 December, 2012, 07:33:16 PM
Bloomin' heck where are all these bloody lovely Flesh pages coming from????

I could extend that to 'where the hell are all these lovely classic 2000AD pages coming from all at once?!'

The quality of stuff I've seen listed in the last few weeks (and picked up by folk here) is incredible!

o1s1n

Wow, check this out. The guy who listed the auction wrote to Bolland when he was 9 and he sent him back these two drawings - One of them is a prelim for  PROG 403's cover  :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190766497990&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Spikes

As you say not bad until you see the codpiece! But isnt this the same figure that was posted about on another thread? There was also a custom movie look Dredd (which out of the two it was that one that grabbed most of the attention) as well. If it is the same, then i wonder if thatll pop up for sale?

I, Cosh

We never really die.