Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torque

Another Ezquerra page up - Dredd and Alpha. Prefer the b&w pieces myself.

Spikes

Certainly a very nice page, but Gulp! £500!

Looking for that page, i noticed a few of the IDW complete Carlos collection's are listed on there. Anyone snagged one of these yet?

opaque

See I don't like those few pages that much, too cheesy compared to the rest of the story.
I know, I'm picky!

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Mattofthespurs

Spikes

Now i would love me some Pete Doherty Dredd art. He's deffo one of those artist's that id missed out on, but loved his stuff straight from when i finally did get to see it.

opaque

Looks like Dredd's Mini Me

Skullmo

hippynumber1

Yea, bit steep that! You listening BoB?  ;)

torque

Unfortunately i have to agree that piece is not very well done, in my opinion - lots of the later 2000ad covers tend to look poor to my eyes though.

Sideshow Bob

Yes Mark,  I'm listening...... :D
As I've said, the artwork belongs to my brother and he's now trying to sell some of it on eBay himself...
I've had a word with him about the prices....but....that's what he feels they are worth ( to get him to sell ) and although there may be some 'wriggle' room I don't think he'll be dropping his prices much more....

As you know, I've sold a couple of pieces of B/W artwork via CAF ( and ebay ) to people here, and I've been very happy with the prices I've got, and hope the buyers were too......The prices I asked were what I was happy with, and I thought they were reasonable, but the artwork that I was selling at that time ( Mr MacAbre, Nemesis, Time Twisters and Meltdown Man ) didn't mean a great deal to me personally....
As several people have already said on this forum, Art is only worth what you are willing to pay for it....and the art my brother is selling is a reluctant sale ( financially driven only ), so we'll see if anyone thinks it's worth it..

Consider if the last piece of Mr MacAbre came up for sale, and it would complete your collection Mark, ( not picking on you here, just making my point mate, I could have used Meltdown Man as an example as well )...how much would you pay....£200 ??? ...Maybe more ??....( Still trying to get my brother to find the remaining B/W artwork to check BTW, so I haven't forgot ... )...If you paid as much as that, I would think you had overpaid, but you wouldn't !! ...The reason being it means something to you...memories, first time you read it or whatever....

All the artwork my brother has bought, has been over a period of about 25 years.....Each piece he has, is a good one, and a favourite of his, some of them are not my favourites, but some others are exceptional....He actually has a double page spread of Dredd with various crims being judged, done by Sean Phillips, that you would have to pry out of my cold dead hand before I would release it, ....but I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest about letting the Mike McMahon piece go !! ( I personally don't like it ) ...

So..., Yes I know the prices are high...but it's out of my hands,  and he might get it, or he might not...
I would also mention that The Siku cover that was on CAF sold for £1600...( Dredd looking at the Alien ).....So maybe prices not too unreasonable after all !!?? :-\
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Link Prime

Quote from: Skullmo on 14 April, 2013, 06:46:17 PM
I love his colour stuff personally! But this is not my favourite page.

Nor mine Skullmo, but its still very nice.
Some other great examples of Ezquerra's colour (and B&W) work available for decent prices at 'The Book Palace' website.

http://www.bookpalace.com/acatalog/Home_Carlos_Ezquerra.html

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 15 April, 2013, 12:15:20 PM

Some other great examples of Ezquerra's colour (and B&W) work available for decent prices at 'The Book Palace' website.

Reasonable maybe but alas its broken my heart. I have a Carlos (or MacNeil) 'The Pit' page on my Wish List... and while the prices I'm quite sure are reasonable, its right, right at the top end of my price range at the moment and seems to force them into the 'one for the future' category for the time being... I wonder if Mr McNeil's come in any cheaper, still to find one of those...

... don't even start me on the £650 for that Tharg page, another Wish List shift!

Skullmo

Quote from: Skullmo on 14 April, 2013, 06:46:17 PM
I love his colour stuff personally! But this is not my favourite page.

Nor mine Skullmo, but its still very nice.

That is a wonderful haul of Ezquerra greatness!!!! Damn you oh wallet!

Have you got anything from here Link?

Spikes

Some hugely nice pieces on there, and one page in particular ive had my eye on for some time now, but overpriced imo.
Still....

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 15 April, 2013, 12:11:44 PM
but I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest about letting the Mike McMahon piece go !! ( I personally don't like it ) ...

Just asking; Is that still up for grabs Bob? Thought it had sold a while ago?

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 15 April, 2013, 12:11:44 PM
Consider if the last piece of Mr MacAbre came up for sale, and it would complete your collection Mark, ( not picking on you here, just making my point mate, I could have used Meltdown Man as an example as well )...how much would you pay....£200 ??? ...Maybe more ??....( Still trying to get my brother to find the remaining B/W artwork to check BTW, so I haven't forgot ... )...If you paid as much as that, I would think you had overpaid, but you wouldn't !! ...The reason being it means something to you...memories, first time you read it or whatever....

I think what he's trying to tell you Mark is that; Yes he has the remaining pages you seek. But their going to cost ya a pretty penny,  ;)