Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

I will give him my left testicle! But don't say anything, we're currently in 'tense negotiations'!

torque

Those Ezquerra pages veer form over-priced to extremely over-priced - shame really.

Link Prime

Quote from: torque on 15 April, 2013, 06:39:38 PM
Those Ezquerra pages veer form over-priced to extremely over-priced - shame really.

I guess it's a subjective thing, but I'd happily shell out £400 for a classic era Ezquerra Strontium Dog page depicting Johnny, Durham Red and Middenface. Some pages are quite pricey though.

You much of a collector Torque?

Link Prime

Quote from: Skullmo on 15 April, 2013, 03:42:34 PM

Have you got anything from here Link?

I haven't Skullmo, though they do have a wide array of great artists represented.
I only came across the site a few weeks ago while searching for Arthur Ranson art for a friend.

Sideshow Bob

Hi All,  I'm finding this a very interesting thread..., 
'Left testicles' are not accepted as legal currency up here in Scotland, Mark......Not yet anyway,  :D ...... and whenever I can get my brother to un-earth the B/W artwork,  I will check for a Mr MacAbre piece.....If we've got one ( don't think we have, but it's been 15 years since we looked at them ) you will definitely get 'first crack' ( no,  that's nothing to do with testicles or other body parts either ) at it.........For around what you paid for the last piece... Left testicle most definitely not required. :D

As for the price on the Carlos Ezquerra piece, ( £500 ) it is expensive, but in my brothers' defence ( and also my own opinion ), it's on a par with the pieces included in the link from Link Prime,  so it's not outrageously overpriced.............To bring things into perspective here, my Mrs is not appreciative of the artwork I own, and considers it " comic book nonsense"  but she happily paid £300 for an art print from John Lewis to hang in the living room.....that's a limited edition print of 2,000.....for £300 !!!....

Kinda makes me wonder that an original, hand drawn, fully coloured, acrylic , piece of published comic artwork featuring some of 2000ADs' main characters in absolutely fabulous condition and also including the original acetate overlay going for £500 should prompt gulps and comments of how expensive it is....
How many of us have wives / girlfriends that have 30 + pairs of shoes and multiple handbags which will only be 'suitable / in fashion' for 6 months or so ??.....and you can have a piece of artwork like that which you can cherish for years and years, yet ....it's 'Gulp' too dear !! ...

What I think is one of the main problems,  is the fact that we feel the need to 'justify' to ourselves ( me included ) what we spend on our artwork....It's not a problem for wives / girlfriends because they 'need' the new shoes / handbags etc,  but we don't 'need' the artwork !!...

Just saying.....Discuss ??? :lol:
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

torque

Yes, I have many pages.

Skullmo

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 15 April, 2013, 07:28:45 PM
Hi All,  I'm finding this a very interesting thread..., 
'Left testicles' are not accepted as legal currency up here in Scotland, Mark......Not yet anyway,  :D ...... and whenever I can get my brother to un-earth the B/W artwork,  I will check for a Mr MacAbre piece.....If we've got one ( don't think we have, but it's been 15 years since we looked at them ) you will definitely get 'first crack' ( no,  that's nothing to do with testicles or other body parts either ) at it.........For around what you paid for the last piece... Left testicle most definitely not required. :D

As for the price on the Carlos Ezquerra piece, ( £500 ) it is expensive, but in my brothers' defence ( and also my own opinion ), it's on a par with the pieces included in the link from Link Prime,  so it's not outrageously overpriced.............To bring things into perspective here, my Mrs is not appreciative of the artwork I own, and considers it " comic book nonsense"  but she happily paid £300 for an art print from John Lewis to hang in the living room.....that's a limited edition print of 2,000.....for £300 !!!....

Kinda makes me wonder that an original, hand drawn, fully coloured, acrylic , piece of published comic artwork featuring some of 2000ADs' main characters in absolutely fabulous condition and also including the original acetate overlay going for £500 should prompt gulps and comments of how expensive it is....
How many of us have wives / girlfriends that have 30 + pairs of shoes and multiple handbags which will only be 'suitable / in fashion' for 6 months or so ??.....and you can have a piece of artwork like that which you can cherish for years and years, yet ....it's 'Gulp' too dear !! ...

What I think is one of the main problems,  is the fact that we feel the need to 'justify' to ourselves ( me included ) what we spend on our artwork....It's not a problem for wives / girlfriends because they 'need' the new shoes / handbags etc,  but we don't 'need' the artwork !!...

Just saying.....Discuss ??? :lol:

I think it's worth every penny! and If I had the money I'd be bidding
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

Quote from: torque on 15 April, 2013, 08:33:02 PM
Yes, I have many pages.

Want to sell some for a lot less than on that site?

Skullmo

Quote from: Link Prime on 15 April, 2013, 06:43:41 PM
Quote from: torque on 15 April, 2013, 06:39:38 PM

I guess it's a subjective thing, but I'd happily shell out £400 for a classic era Ezquerra Strontium Dog page depicting Johnny, Durham Red and Middenface. Some pages are quite pricey though.

You much of a collector Torque?

Seeing as the recent stront page on Ebay sold for over £400 I would tend to disagree. I think there are some cracking pages on there and If I was as blessed with money as some people are I would definitely have some.

Cactus

Thank you so much for that link to the Book Palace, Link!  :D
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

Link Prime

Quote from: Cactus on 17 April, 2013, 08:11:01 PM
Thank you so much for that link to the Book Palace, Link!  :D

Yeah, some good stuff on that site Cactus.
My finger has hovered over the 'Add to cart' button on a Pete Doherty page all week, but I've so far resisted.

torque

Had another look at that site - a Tharg page for £650? I doubt it would get £150 on eBay, though some prices continue to surprise me.

torque

Another point is the Book Palace pages have been up for some time - I remember glancing at them a good while ago - they are still for sale. If that doesn't suggest they are overpriced I am not sure what does.

Sideshow Bob

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you Torque.... :(
Just because the pages are still up for sale,  it doesn't necessarily mean they are overpriced......In my opinion,  some are ( slightly ), but I really don't see £400 or £500 for a completely original, 'one off' piece of artwork, fully painted ( not digital ) by one of 2000ADs' finest artists ever, as being over priced..... It may just mean that people don't have the money to be able to buy them....In this present climate, there are a lot of us who find ourselves 'limiting' our extra spending on what is a 'luxury item' , myself included here  :'(...

As for doubting whether the Tharg piece would even get £150 on eBay,  I am definitely sure you are mistaken here..... I'm think Colin YMNA and several others on this forum would quite happily pay £150 for it !!.....and think to themselves they had got a bargain !!.....

Still, everyone is entitled to their view, and that's what makes this such a great place to be involved in..
Cheers... :D
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 18 April, 2013, 10:33:29 AM

As for doubting whether the Tharg piece would even get £150 on eBay,  I am definitely sure you are mistaken here..... I'm think Colin YMNA and several others on this forum would quite happily pay £150 for it !!.....and think to themselves they had got a bargain !!.....

What is it going for £150, where, gimme, gimme... oh you tease. Yeah at £150 I'd snap more than just fingers off!