Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Judge Jack on 28 May, 2013, 04:06:41 PM
Always nice to get summat on the cheap. They look to be in nice condition, as well.
Somebody was selling the full set of these, and signed by Ron, on the 'bay, not long ago.

They are in good nick. They were a bit "bent back" when read, and the binding is slightly loose, but much nicer than my old one.

I saw the full set of Daily Stars, first two signed by Ron. I dunno if I might have a bit of a problem with that. I mean, it's one thing getting your own stuff signed by the droids, who so generously spared their time, but it feels different if you just whack it on eBay and sell it for profit.

And I'm off on one now, because there are people selling their FCBD 2000AD on eBay. The point was it was "free", so again, selling it feels wrong. I gave one to a mate at work who hadn't read 2000AD in years, and really enjoyed it. Wasn't that the point? Swapping would be even better...

Am I being a prude? I'd be interested to know what others think... No trying to cause offence to anyone who is selling their signed stuff, just genuinely would like to see if I am on my own here.

Link Prime

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 28 May, 2013, 11:26:16 AM
No problem Link,
Out of all the pieces,  I reckoned the Henry Flint looked 'the best, and well worth a 'bid'...

Got it!

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Link Prime on 31 May, 2013, 10:47:41 AM
Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 28 May, 2013, 11:26:16 AM
No problem Link,
Out of all the pieces,  I reckoned the Henry Flint looked 'the best, and well worth a 'bid'...

Got it!

Excellent stuff, Link Prime......and for a very reasonable price as well !!.
In fact they all went very cheaply....Hope some guys from here were the lucky ones...
Cheers..
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Spikes

From the sublime  to the ridiculous.

And very annoyingly, the seller of the Dillon piece doesnt ship to the UK. Neither can you contact them directly via their 'Bay profile to plead your case.
Damn and, indeed, blast.

Simon Beigh

The ridiculous just made me choke on my morning coffee. Literally, having a coughing fit here :) Hilarious. Looks like they will ship to the UK for that one, JJ, so you will be fine  :lol:

Pity about the sublime not shipping to the UK. Click on "Ask a Question" under the description on the auction and plead your case? Or do you have any mates in the States?

Colin YNWA

You could always ask for help from some of the US boarders, you never know, its been done before to get around eBay restrictions. At the current price its at a bargain could be had?

Funny how the original piece was 'butchered' for the actual cover!

Skullmo

Not sure that Dillon will stay at that price, he is pretty popular in America that boy!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Quote from: SimeonB on 09 June, 2013, 07:45:23 AM
Click on "Ask a Question" under the description on the auction and plead your case?

No joy. If you try to do that, it just comes up as 'this seller doesnt take messages'.
Not very civil of them, is it  ;)

hippynumber1

I've e-mailed them. I'll let you know if they get back to me...

Simon Beigh

It appears to be a free listing weekend. Usually I get an email, but didn't this time...

I'm listing all sorts of junk interesting items :)

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 09 June, 2013, 12:23:22 PM
I've e-mailed them. I'll let you know if they get back to me...

Any reply?

hippynumber1

Oh yea! Replied yesterday - the seller is considering changing the listing to include UK.  I told her not to bother as only I need to know!  ;)

Simon Beigh

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 10 June, 2013, 12:48:58 PM
Oh yea! Replied yesterday - the seller is considering changing the listing to include UK.  I told her not to bother as only I need to know!  ;)

Was the following quote always part of the description:

I DO NOT SHIP INTERNATIONALLY!

Or can we consider that is the sellers final word?

ming

It'll be interesting to see how that Cry of the Werewolf piece finishes, especially if it's opened up to UK bidders.  Not that I'm interested (or am I?).