Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkymonkey

Quote from: Spikes on 05 November, 2014, 09:05:04 AM
A very nice little curio, that.
(I dont know what that robot is doing, but it looks a bit rude... )

It does somewhat, doesn't it..?  Ah, the (relative) innocence of the '70s...

Colin YNWA

Not sure of people have seen these AND not sure about the price (certainly counts me out alas) but do love Wagner, Grants and Kennedy's Outcasts so hopefully of interest. Seller has lost them in the Graphic Novel section and seems to think they are by Alan Grant but... nice pages!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-Comics-2000AD-Outcasts-Issue-4-page-11-John-Wagner-Alan-Grant-/161478403851?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_Graphic_Novels_ET&hash=item2598dce70b

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-Comics-2000AD-Outcasts-Issue-4-page-8-John-Wagner-Alan-Grant-/161478401091?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_Graphic_Novels_ET&hash=item2598dcdc43

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 12 November, 2014, 09:39:57 PM
Not sure of people have seen these AND not sure about the price (certainly counts me out alas) but do love Wagner, Grants and Kennedy's Outcasts so hopefully of interest. Seller has lost them in the Graphic Novel section and seems to think they are by Alan Grant but... nice pages!

Nice find, Colin!  It's worth pointing out that these are inked by Steve Montano, not Cam...  The first page is especially nice, though - and features a very similar mask / helmet to that sported by everyone's favourite bungling enforcer, Flip Marlowe, in the Big Sleep.

Spikes

Lovely pages indeed. And as Ming points out, that first one especially.

Pricey compared to what Cam sells for, and maybe pricey for an open market price, as well. Dunno.

Never read Outcasts - Is it recommended, chaps?

hippynumber1

I quite enjoyed it; it was very much a 2000AD story published in the American monthly format.

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 13 November, 2014, 07:07:26 PM
I quite enjoyed it; it was very much a 2000AD story published in the American monthly format.

Which is exactly why I love it. Its so 2000ad but with a different pacing the US format gives. Its has room to breathe in the way the same story in 2000ad would have been breathlessly exciting. Its fantastically interesting and just plain great fun.

Eamonn Clarke

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-Art-of-Judge-Dredd-signed-by-several-creators-charity-auction-/231395172672

This is the rather lovely 2000AD Art of Judge Dredd coffee table art book featuring Dredd covers from 35 Zarjaz years.

It has been signed by loads of 2000AD creators as follows:

Steve Dillon has signed the hard cover.

On the inside cover:
Pat Mills
Dave Gibbons
Rob Williams
Al Ewing
Andy Diggle
Robbie Morrison
Si Spurrier

On the title pages
Frazer Irving
Phil Winslade
Mike Collins
Tony Lee
Alan Davis
David Roach
Ian Edgington
Dave Kendall
Fiona Stephenson
Sean Philips
Jamie Delano
John McCrea
Kev Crossley
Bryan Talbot
Mike Carey
Lee Garbutt
Dean Ormiston
Martin Griffiths
Tom Foster
Laurence Campbell
Garth Ennis
INJ Culbard
Simon Davis
Richard Starkings

The introduction page is signed by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra with a Dredd head sketch by King Carlos

Then individual cover pages are signed by:
D'Israeli
Dave Taylor
Ben Oliver
Rufus Dayglo
Frazer Irving
Dylan Teague
Mike Collins
Steve Dillon
Barry Kitson
Alan Davis and Mark Farmer
David Hine
Charlie Adlard
Simon Coleby
Ben Willsher
Kev Walker
Boo Cook
and Henry Flint

This is a 100% charity auction for Cancer Research UK and I will pay the postage so every penny you pay goes to charity.

It has travelled around with out the dust jacket but is now reunited with it and is wrapped in some comic bags, then into the original cardboard, bubble wrap and padded envelope packaging ready for posting by recorded delivery.

It will come with a signature map so you can decipher who has signed where. There will also be a DVD with over 100 photos of all the creators signing the book (which I will burn to disc some time this week before the auction finishes)

Full disclosure - please read carefully:
The book has travelled to five comic signing events this year and been pulled in and out of my bag quite a lot so there are a few signs of wear on the hard cover edges. See the last of the 12 photos above.

Steve Dillon signed his cover page with a rather smudgy pen which didn't dry as quick as a sharpie so it transferred to the opposite page. He used the same pen on the hard cover and it also smudged. I got him to go over it with a sharpie but it still looks a bit more messy than I hoped.

Phil Winslade dedicated "Eamonn, All the best" with his signature before I could stop him, he's a very friendly guy!

And there you have it. A nice 2000AD item which hopefully will raise some money for charity and please whoever wins it.

Any questions please ask, either here or over on the 2000AD forum.

Cheers
Eamonn

opaque

IronGraham

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 18 November, 2014, 11:47:46 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-Art-of-Judge-Dredd-signed-by-several-creators-charity-auction-/231395172672

This is the rather lovely 2000AD Art of Judge Dredd coffee table art book featuring Dredd covers from 35 Zarjaz years.

On the inside cover:
Pat Mills
Dave Gibbons
Rob Williams
Al Ewing
Andy Diggle
Robbie Morrison
Si Spurrier

On the title pages
Frazer Irving
Phil Winslade
Mike Collins
Tony Lee
Alan Davis
David Roach
Ian Edgington
Dave Kendall
Fiona Stephenson
Sean Philips
Jamie Delano
John McCrea
Kev Crossley
Bryan Talbot
Mike Carey
Lee Garbutt
Dean Ormiston
Martin Griffiths
Tom Foster
Laurence Campbell
Garth Ennis
INJ Culbard
Simon Davis
Richard Starkings

The introduction page is signed by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra with a Dredd head sketch by King Carlos

D'Israeli
Dave Taylor
Ben Oliver
Rufus Dayglo
Frazer Irving
Dylan Teague
Mike Collins
Steve Dillon
Barry Kitson
David Hine
Charlie Adlard
Simon Coleby
Ben Willsher
Kev Walker
Boo Cook
and Henry Flint

This is a 100% charity auction for Cancer Research UK and I will pay the postage so every penny you pay goes to charity.

It has travelled around with out the dust jacket but is now reunited with it and is wrapped in some comic bags, then into the original cardboard, bubble wrap and padded envelope packaging ready for posting by recorded delivery.

It will come with a signature map so you can decipher who has signed where. There will also be a DVD with over 100 photos of all the creators signing the book (which I will burn to disc some time this week before the auction finishes)

The book has travelled to five comic signing events this year and been pulled in and out of my bag quite a lot so there are a few signs of wear on the hard cover edges. See the last of the 12 photos above.

Steve Dillon signed his cover page with a rather smudgy pen which didn't dry as quick as a sharpie so it transferred to the opposite page. He used the same pen on the hard cover and it also smudged. I got him to go over it with a sharpie but it still looks a bit more messy than I hoped.

Phil Winslade dedicated "Eamonn, All the best" with his signature before I could stop him, he's a very friendly guy!

And there you have it. A nice 2000AD item which hopefully will raise some money for charity and please whoever wins it.

Cheers
Eamonn

Amazing how long it take to collect?
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Eamonn Clarke

Started at the British library talk in July with Uncle Pat, Dave Gibbons and Frazer Irving.
Then went to the ICE Brumcon in August, Bedford NICE con in September, a Ben Willsher signing at Forbidden Planet London, and then finished up at Thought Bubble this last weekend.

Professor Bear

Anyone know a good alternative to eBay?  Or got any thoughts on Ebid?

japandroid

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 18 November, 2014, 11:47:46 AM

On the inside cover:
Pat Mills
Dave Gibbons
Rob Williams
Al Ewing
Andy Diggle
Robbie Morrison
Si Spurrier

On the title pages
Frazer Irving
Phil Winslade
Mike Collins
Tony Lee
Alan Davis
David Roach
Ian Edgington
Dave Kendall
Fiona Stephenson
Sean Philips
Jamie Delano
John McCrea
Kev Crossley
Bryan Talbot
Mike Carey
Lee Garbutt
Dean Ormiston
Martin Griffiths
Tom Foster
Laurence Campbell
Garth Ennis
INJ Culbard
Simon Davis
Richard Starkings

D'Israeli
Dave Taylor
Ben Oliver
Rufus Dayglo
Frazer Irving
Dylan Teague
Mike Collins
Steve Dillon
Barry Kitson
David Hine
Charlie Adlard
Simon Coleby
Ben Willsher
Kev Walker
Boo Cook
and Henry Flint

Cheers
Eamonn
If I won this I'd be straight round Bollo's house.